Company:Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Applications Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm Automotive solutions power advanced on-board systems that meet consumer demand for automotive connectivity. As the #1 semiconductor company in telematics, we bring more than 30 years of wireless technology to the automotive space, and can use that expertise to deliver industry firsts like LTE in vehicles.The automobile industry has relied on our smart technologies for more than a decade, and today our chips are found in smart cars from all major global automakers. Smart cars manufactured with our integrated Snapdragon automotive processors offer an immersive infotainment experience. With support for 3D navigation, media streaming and parking assistance, as well as voice, facial and device recognition, our customers are redefining the connected smart auto landscape.
You will be joining Automotive Applications Engineering team, working on software triaging, debugging, reproducing software failures on Android/QNX/Linux environment on the chipset family. Main job duties include triaging software failures reported by Customers on the Android/QNX/ Linux software stack. Documenting application notes for Customers on key features and design. Debugging stability issues reported on Automotive customer platform and identifying, verifying and delivering software fixes for the failures. SW porting/integration and analysis of problems on customer projects. Addressing Customer Q&A, analyzing troubleshooting of problem and collaborating with development teams, on-site support, proposing design, providing trainings. Traveling onsite to customer locations. You will be working on display low level Linux Kernel Drivers, KMS/Display Rendering(DRM) framework, Surfaceflinger, Weston/Wayland, QNX screen frameworks and related debugging. You will be involved in software debugging of MIPI DSI /DP/eDP display issues with different vendor panels. You will be working on GPU device drivers and debugging GL application issues. Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 2+ years Software Applications Engineering, Software Development experience, or related work experience.
• 2+ years experience with debugging techniques.
• 2+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
• Professional Experience in some of the areas of display low level Linux Kernel Drivers, Device Tree (DTS), KMS/DRM, Surfaceflinger, Window Manager, Weston/Wayland, QNX screen and related debugging. • Good knowledge of Linux/Android/QNX OS, multi-thread, data structures • Good knowledge of specific display engine, bridge chipset, MIPI DSI/HDMI/DP interface and related display knowledge. • Experience in bootloaders ,Linux kernel and driver architecture is a plus • Professional in some of the areas of display low level Linux Kernel Drivers, Device Tree (DTS), KMS/DRM, Surfaceflinger, Window Manager, Weston/Wayland, QNX screen and related debugging. • Experience with OpenGL API/GPU device drivers is a plus • Experience in assembly is a big plus • Strong debugging and troubleshooting ability with sufficient tools (e.g. GDB, JTAG-Debugger, ADB). • Experiences in software design and implementation. • Experience using software management systems (e.g. GIT, P4, GERRIT). • Active and skillful documentation writing • Prior experience with Qualcomm MSM software platforms is a big plus. • Prior experience with QNX/OpenWFD development is a big plus • Nice to have experience with AGL Yocto build system • Mature interpersonal skills with an ability to collaboratively work with many varied teams and resolve problems spanning many disciplines • Proven ability to work in a dynamic, multi-tasked environment
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Bachelors – Computer Science, Bachelors – Engineering, Bachelors – Information Systems
2+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc. ,2+ years experience with debugging techniques. ,2+ years Software Applications Engineering, Software Development experience, or related work experience.
Android, Computer Software Programs, Embedded Device Drivers, Embedded Linux, Software Applications
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—we invent breakthrough technologies that transform how the world connects, computes, and communicates.
Employment Notices for US-based Job Postings
Equal Employment Opportunity (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
“EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Family Medical Leave Act (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf)
Rights of Pregnant Employees
Discrimination and Harassment (https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf)
California Family Rights Act
Prepare and succeed
Qualcomm Interview FAQs (https://www.qualcomm.com/company/careers/faqs)
Employment Fraud Alert
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial or personal information from job candidates. Please note these communications are fraudulent. Click here (https://www.qualcomm.com/employment-fraud-alert) to view our Employment Fraud Alert.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.