Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Under the direction of your supervisor, you will conduct preventive maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning, and general servicing of HVAC control systems (including detailed troubleshooting). You will be responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, onsite customer interaction. You will also be responsible for completing required project and service documentation.
- Diagnose and repair routine electronic control system malfunctions
- Provide sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings
- Communicate with customers upon arrival and before leaving the work site
- Meet regularly with customers to become familiar with operating problems
- Keep customers informed of the nature of service provided, outstanding issues, and recommended system enhancements, upgrades, and/or repairs
- Promote the sale of add-on work
- Manage assigned work to meet professional execution, time, and customer satisfaction standards
- Report problems or changes to management immediately
- May provide training to customers on electronic control systems operations
- Deliver manuals and documentation to customers for training. Support the mechanical staff on non-complex, non-critical equipment
- Compile job documentation, such as certificates of completion, customer training forms, training certificates, and punch lists
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience installing and servicing electronic control or HVAC equipment; 1+ years preferred
- Proven electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) and user PC/software skill
- Ability to travel 10%
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and must not require sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is a global engineering powerhouse dedicated to creating a more healthy, sustainable, and inclusive world. Our North American operations operate coast to coast, with many of our career opportunities close to tribal lands; we have partnered with tribal nations to support their engineering projects. Won't you consider joining us so that we can continue our mission together?