Job title: IT Technician
Location: Pala, CA
Application Deadline: Open until filled (Review of applications will begin immediately)
Compensation: Minimum of $23/hour. DOE
In addition to hourly pay, we offer paid time off, 401(k), rich benefits & much more!
Status: Full Time/Regular position
The IT Technician solves problems using their expertise, training and knowledge of the information technology field. This person relies on experience and training knowledge of the information technology environment to perform the functions of the job. The Technician will frequently troubleshoot, repair and resolve network, operating system, hardware, and software issues. Ensure the security and integrity of the network and maintain the integrity of SCTCA data. This position will also regularly answer customer phone calls and act as a liaison between SCTT customers and SCTCA Field Technicians. The IT Technician will be an IT reference for SCTCA and SCTT customers. A successful candidate must have experience managing, servicing and repairing computers, networks and servers, including hardware and software, along with the ability to multi-task while maintaining a passion for customer service. This position includes infrequent travel of up to 250 miles. This position is non-exempt.
- Ability to install, setup and troubleshoot Windows 7, 8, 10 and Mac OSX
- Ability to set up and configure common office equipment, such as network printers, copiers and computers to ensure usability.
- Ability to calculate subnet ranges of internal networks for private IP addressing schemes.
- Ability to resolve technical support issues via phone, text, and email in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of security tools and antivirus suites, specifically how to combat rootkits and malware.
- Perform hardware repair of computers and printers.
- Possess a friendly patient demeanor, and the ability to explain/simplify complex issues to non-technical users.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Identify customer’s needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives.
- Knowledge of backup software combined with the ability to backup and restore operating systems.
- Knowledge of wireless and wired routers, switches, KVM’s and server rack mounted gear.
- Other useful knowledge and skills include: Cat5 & 6 network cabling experience, Windows Server 2008-2019, Linux, ShoreTel VoIP phones, PowerPoint (with projectors), ePanic Button, MSOffice, and G Suite.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid California Driver’s License with driving record acceptable to SCTCA’s insurance.
Knowledge Requirements: A+, Network + certified is preferred. Microsoft MCSE certified is preferred. Must be computer (Mac and PC) and internet proficient.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years, full-time or equivalent paid work experience in same or similar capacities is required with references.
Physical: Ability to regularly lift, move and carry computer equipment weighing up to 75 lbs. Use of common power tools and climbing of ladders required.
Conditions of Employment: Candidates are required to successfully complete a background check and drug screening. Must have own reliable transportation.
In addition to the essential duties listed above the IT Technician is expected to:
- Possess a strong work ethic and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Be able to take on tasks with minimal supervision, exercise good judgment in performing these tasks and complete them in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Consistently produce a high-quality level of work.
- Consistently report to work on time and prepared to perform the duties of the position and meet deadlines.
- Learn new information and techniques regularly.
- Be mindful of personal safety as well as the safety of others.
About Our Company
The Southern California Tribal Chairmen’s Association (SCTCA) is a multi-service non-profit corporation established in 1972 for a consortium of 19 federally-recognized Indian tribes in Southern California. The primary mission of SCTCA is to serve the health, welfare, safety, education, cultural, economic and employment needs of its tribal members and enrolled Indians in the San Diego County urban areas. A board of directors comprised of tribal chairpersons from each of its member Tribes governs SCTCA.
How to Apply
Preferred method: Apply online at http://sctca.applicantpro.com/
1. Apply in person and submit a completed Application for Employment with a resume to the Human Resources office*, located at 36146 Pala Temecula Rd. Bldg H. Pala, CA 92059. *Office subject to closures.
2. Fax a completed Application for Employment and resume to 760-742-8610.
Note: The Application for Employment can be found at www.sctca.net, under the “About SCTCA” link.
SCTCA IS AN “AT-WILL” EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
To be considered under Native American Preference, you must submit verification of Tribal affiliation with your application.