Job title: Bindery Specialist
Location: Pala, CA (Tribal Training Print Source)
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Compensation: Minimum of $17.50/hour DOE
Benefits: *Paid Holidays *Rich Medical, Dental & Vision *Generous Vacation & Sick *401(k) Match
Status: Full Time/Regular position (Hours: 7:00am-3:30pm, Monday-Friday)
This is an entry-level position at Tribal Training Print Source, primarily as bindery support team. Under direct supervision of the Bindery Manager, the bindery support team performs a variety of hand and machine operations to sort, assemble, fold and bind printed materials. Prepare shipments and documentation for UPS and delivery to customers. Occasionally, employee may be required to make deliveries to and from pre-determined locations using the company delivery van.
- Perform standard bindery functions including but not limited to, cutting, folding, booklet making, and carton packing for shipping/delivery.
- Prepare shipments by creating shipping labels/packing slips based on the designated delivery method.
- Receive in materials and completed orders.
- Follow quality control procedures to include, checking press sheets and verifying the accuracy of order specs to job tickets.
- Occasionally driving company van to pick up and deliver products to clients and vendors at various locations across San Diego County, including rural areas and Indian reservations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Bindery Manager.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid Class C Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Report at time of hire and continued throughout employment.
Knowledge Requirements: Ability to perform basic math calculations. Familiarity with Indian reservations in San Diego County helpful. Ability to exercise sensitivity and good judgment in dealing with people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
Experience: Computer experience required (Gmail & Microsoft Office a plus). Shipping experience with UPS and/or USPS a plus.
Physical: Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Regularly lift and carry up to 60 pounds with reasonable accommodations. This job also requires frequent reaching, bending, twisting, and grasping.
Work Environment: Friendly team and work environment. Bindery duties are performed in a temperature- controlled (air conditioned) office environment. Willing to train a motivated individual. Work schedule is Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-3:30 pm, overtime is not required.
Conditions of Employment: Candidates are required to successfully complete required background check, and drug screening.
In addition to the essential duties listed above the Bindery Specialist is expected to:
- Communicate regularly with supervisor and coworkers about department issues and/or schedule changes.
- Demonstrate efficient time management and prioritize workload daily.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrate tact and a high level of professionalism due to the confidential nature of the position.
- Be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
About Our Company
The Southern California Tribal Chairmen’s Association (SCTCA) is a multi-service non-profit corporation established in 1972 for a consortium of 25 federally-recognized Indian tribes in Southern California. The primary mission of SCTCA is to serve the health, welfare, safety, education, cultural, economic and employment needs of its tribal members and enrolled Indians in the San Diego County urban areas. A board of directors comprised of tribal chairpersons from each of its member Tribes governs SCTCA.
How to Apply
Preferred method: Apply online at http://sctca.applicantpro.com/
1. Apply in person and submit a completed Application for Employment with a resume to the Human Resources office*, located at 11475 Nejo Rd. Bldg H. Pala, CA 92059. *Office subject to closures.
2. Fax a completed Application for Employment and resume to 760-742-8610.
Note: The Application for Employment can be found at www.sctca.net, under the “Careers” link.
SCTCA IS AN “AT-WILL” EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
To be considered under Native American Preference, you must submit verification of Tribal affiliation with your application.