Company:Qualcomm Atheros, Inc.
Job Area:Operations Group, Operations Group > Product Management
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product Management, the Senior Product Manager will be responsible for representing the company’s connectivity products to customers, helping to plan the connectivity product roadmap, building customer relationships, and overseeing business operations to ensure profitability. The connectivity business unit provides Wi-Fi and Bluetooth solutions for the mobile phone and computing market segments.
· Helping to develop, and launching to customers the road-map that supports of the vision and strategic technical plan.
· Identify and work closely with top customers and its executives to establish Qualcomm as a sustained leader in the market.
· Manage P&L for a segment of the connectivity business.
· Evaluate other players in the wireless space focused on maximizing the possible technical opportunities with a focus on possible partnerships, joint ventures or acquisitions.
· Ability to work closely with internal managers and stakeholders to facilitate and gain support for long term plans based on achievement of technical and financial goals and milestone.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Conducts complex analyses to assess marketability of products based on market, customer, technology, and other ecosystem demands.
• Creates a business case for the development of a new product or product features in an established product area (i.e., time to market, cost, market share).
• Markets new and complex products and technologies through technical marketing opportunities such as conferences, congresses, and direct customer contact and drives product launch efforts.
• Prepares and delivers highly complex technical presentations for new and existing products that explain and demonstrate products managed to customers.
• Contributes to the creation of a differentiated product roadmap in an established product area, promotes it within team, and ensures all team members understand the product roadmap.
• Directs the development of complex products and services with minimal supervision and communicates with individuals across functional teams.
• Completes product development and definition activities for a moderately complex, owned product, including determination of cost and impact, and interacts with sales team to generate forecasts.
• Maintains expertise by staying up to date on competitors, technological advances, and the product ecosystem and takes the lead on development and design innovation of products in an established area to articulate differentiation of products to customers and identify trends.
• Communicates regularly within own team and cross-functional team(s) to ensure team-level understanding of product plans for a product line.
• Ensures successful cross-functional collaboration by ensuring that agreed upon KPIs and specifications are met for product(s), upon delivery by engineering team.
• Collaborates with key stakeholders and program sponsors to develop product goals (e.g., performance, cost, timeline, customer schedules), discuss product feasibility, and facilitate cross-functional decision making for products they own.
• Analytical Skills – The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
• Building Trusting Relationships – The ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different types of people and businesses. This includes delivering on commitments and maintaining confidential information, as well as being approachable, showing interest in the other person, and relating well to people regardless of personality or background.
• Communication – The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and in writing.
• Creating the New and Different – The ability to be creative. This includes the ability to produce breakthrough ideas, being a visionary, managing innovation, seeing multiple futures, having broad interests and knowledge, and gaining support in order to translate new ideas into solutions. This also includes the ability to plan and implement unconventional ideas and speculate about alternative futures without all of the data.
• Decision-Making – The ability to make quick, accurate decisions. This includes the ability to weigh alternatives and take into account the impact of the decisions on people, equipment, or other resources.
• Getting Work Done – The ability to be organized, resourceful, and planful. This includes the ability to leverage multiple resources to get things done and lay out tasks in sufficient detail. This also includes the ability to get things done with fewer resources and in less time, work on multiple tasks at once without losing track, and foresee and plan around obstacles.
• Product Management – The ability to direct a comprehensive product strategy from product conception and definition through end of life. This includes the ability to function as a central resource with design, process, manufacturing, quality, test, marketing, and distribution as the product(s) and/or product line(s) move through their lifecycle.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Humanities, or related field.
• 4+ years Product Management or related work experience.
· 5+ years Product Management or related work experience.
Hands on digital communications (solutions) engineering experience is a huge plus.
· 2+ years working with operating budgets and/or project financials.
· 2+ years negotiating 3rd party business agreements.
· 3+ years working in a large matrixed organization.
· Technical training or experience in digital communications systems design, development, or support.
· Fluency in Chinese is a plus
· Background in wireless connectivity will be desirable
· Experience in the Semiconductor is a strong plus
· MBA Desired
· Results oriented with focus on P&L management: The ideal candidate will demonstrate hands-on leadership in driving the roadmap, design, development, and delivery of the strategy, and marketing and business development efforts and matrixed engineering organization. Demonstrated ability to build and carry out a strategic plan with operational efficiency by setting strong goals and milestones both technical execution as well as financial metrics.
· Team Leadership: The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, initiative oriented, recognized as a successful leader who has demonstrated the ability to organize, and motivate a cohesive team across multiple disciplines. He/she will also be known as being accessible and approachable, respecting intellectual integrity and valuing individuality.
· Collaboration and Influencing: The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate the ability to influence and work closely with a variety of constituencies, both internal and external intra and inter BU, customers, partners, as well as the ability to develop and nurture strong organizational relationships based on mutual trust. He/she will be a clear, open, and effective communicator across all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate must have the ability to effectively interface with all levels of management, both internally and externally, as well as influence and educate key internal leaders on trends. He/she has worked within a highly technical industry with technical leaders and created and maintained a strong internal network as well as influenced external consumers and OEM’s. Candidate will have ability to work closely with internal leaders in creating and executing to a plan and demonstrating traction within a new business.
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—we invent breakthrough technologies that transform how the world connects, computes, and communicates.
Employment Notices for US-based Job Postings
Equal Employment Opportunity (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
“EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Family Medical Leave Act (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf)
Rights of Pregnant Employees
Discrimination and Harassment (https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf)
California Family Rights Act
Prepare and succeed
Qualcomm Interview FAQs (https://www.qualcomm.com/company/careers/faqs)
Employment Fraud Alert
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial or personal information from job candidates. Please note these communications are fraudulent. Click here (https://www.qualcomm.com/employment-fraud-alert) to view our Employment Fraud Alert.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.