Company:Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Engineering Services Group, Engineering Services Group > Support Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
• Troubleshooting, repair, calibration, and maintenance of all SMT equipment and process related equipment
• Program development will include but not limited to Pick & Place, Screen Printing, Reflow profiling, AOI, SPI, Selective soldering, and Auto Xray
• Create and edit work instructions
• Provide written and verbal pass downs and other information in an organized manner
• Complete assigned projects and tasks in an accurate and timely manner
• Assist in the installation of all manufacturing equipment
• Be quality conscious in all aspects of production support
• Collaborate with other engineers, contractors and suppliers
• Find ways to reduce costs and maximize quality
• Resolve issues and delays in production
• Ordering stencils and design
• Support First time builds Requirements
• Associates degree in electronics or equivalent (may substitute degree for years of experience)
• 5-8 years’ experience in SMT programming, production support, and troubleshooting equipment
• Proven strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills are required
• Proficient in reading and verifying electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical schematics/drawings
• Strong knowledge of SMT process
• Must be able to operate Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Must be organized, detail oriented and capable of multitasking
• Have good written and oral interpersonal skills with an ability to work under minimum supervision
• Must be able to work second shift plus overtime and weekends if needed.
In addition to the Maintenance and Repair of SMT Equipment this position will be focused on ordering stencils for production runs, importing CAD builds from scratch, and communicating back to internal customers for New Product Integration (NPI).
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—we invent breakthrough technologies that transform how the world connects, computes, and communicates.
Employment Notices for US-based Job Postings
Equal Employment Opportunity (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
“EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Family Medical Leave Act (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf)
Rights of Pregnant Employees
Discrimination and Harassment (https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf)
California Family Rights Act
Prepare and succeed
Qualcomm Interview FAQs (https://www.qualcomm.com/company/careers/faqs)
Employment Fraud Alert
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial or personal information from job candidates. Please note these communications are fraudulent. Click here (https://www.qualcomm.com/employment-fraud-alert) to view our Employment Fraud Alert.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.