Position: Security Officer Armed/Unarmed
Department: Santa Ysabel TCRA
Location: 25575 CA-79, Santa Ysabel CA, 92070
Compensation: $21 hr (armed) / $19 hr (unarmed)
Reports To: TCRA Security Captain/ TCRA Security Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for properly executing security duties on assigned shift to ensure the safety of the Santa Ysabel Botanical Facility.
Duties and Responsibilities: (Specific areas of responsibility included but not limited to)
1. Generates written reports regarding security-related incidents involving employees, visitors, and enterprise tenants, including issues such as theft, injury, property damage, and TCRA regulatory violations
2. Continual active patrol of assigned areas to provide overall protection of SYBF property and assets and ensure employee, visitor, and tenant safety
3. Must be able to operate a two-way radio portable radio to coordinate and dispatch information to other radio users
4. Must be familiar with all-applicable laws, rules and regulations governing the SYBF
5. Identify potential safety hazards and report them to appropriate individuals for proper resolution
6. Must always represent yourself in a positive and professional manner
7. Monitor facility perimeter and conduct checks inside/outside of buildings within the facility grounds
8. Maintains a working knowledge of the SYBF
9. Facilitate the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings
10. Monitor gate entrance. Check all vehicles entering/exiting the SYBF. Stop the entry of unauthorized people. Inspect bags or personal items when needed.
11. Must learn SYBF Emergency Action Guide to efficiently handle fires, evacuations, criminal intrusion, etc., and life-threatening situations
12. Must provide courteous service and be cordial at all times.
1. Must possess current State of California BSIS-Issued Security Guard Card
2. Must posses current Exposed Firearms Permit
3. Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
4. Ability to write routine reports and complete incident logs
5. Security, Law Enforcement, or Military experience preferred
6. Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
7. Ability to apply common sense reasoning to a variety of situations and carry out instructions in writing, oral, or diagram form in a professional manner
8. Must be able to work under pressure and in environmentally challenging conditions
9. Must have a valid Driver License
10. Must be in good physical condition to perform job duties. The Officer is required to talk, listen, stand, and walk 100% of the job time and navigate through steep and rough terrain.
11. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
12. High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
13. Must be honest and have dedication to the job
14. Must possess effective organizational and planning skills
15. Must be able to work all shifts including weekends, holidays
16. Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
17. Must be able to pass extensive background check
18. Must be able to pass a drug screening
19. Must have reliable transportation.
Ensuring Quality Products and Legal Compliance
The Santa Ysabel Tribal Cannabis Regulatory Agency (TCRA), a component of the Iipay Nation Tribal government, is the primary agency responsible for the regulation and legal compliance of the operators comprising the Santa Ysabel Botanical Facility.
Consumer Protection and Safety
The Santa Ysabel TCRA is dedicated to maximum consumer protection of cannabis enterprise operations authorized on Iipay Nation Tribal lands, and the safety and security of the Santa Ysabel Botanical Facility and the Tribe's retail establishment.