106 Group has an immediate opening for a Project Manager with experience in Cultural Resource Management (CRM). We provide services nationally for a range of government, corporate, community, and tribal clients. This is an excellent opportunity to oversee a range of interesting projects and collaborate with a great team of people.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing consulting projects related to cultural resource management, within an established project management system. The Project Manager, in collaboration with a contract manager, provides the overall direction for all aspects of a project from start up to closeout. Projects may run from a few weeks to several years. The Project Manager needs to be skilled in applying best practice project management methodologies and guiding project team members through the project lifecycle, managing schedules and resources, identifying risks, and communicating with clients and/or stakeholders.
This is a senior level, non-field position with an excellent opportunity for advancement.
Salary range: $55,000 – $75,000 base salary with a competitive benefits package commensurate with skills and experience.
- Manage CRM projects within the framework of 106 Group’s project management process which includes managing startup, scheduling, status reports, deliverables, modifications, and close out
- Manage all assigned projects in collaboration with contract managers, general management, and team managers
- Manage project team members to ensure that assigned staff have the required skills, understand the project scope and schedule, and perform their assigned tasks effectively
- Monitor the project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are clearly defined and maintained
- Assist with business and technical requirements to develop and modify contracts, if needed, in collaboration with the business and contract managers
- Track each project, update project plans and schedules as needed, and provide weekly status reports
- Communicate with clients to understand and establish strategic objectives for their project and effectively communicate those objectives to the project team, stakeholders, and reviewers
- When necessary, manage projects in other sectors of Cultural Heritage Planning and/or Interpretation and Exhibit Design to balance workload
- Nurture strong relationships and identify new opportunities with clients and partners
- Effectively communicate, convey, and document all project and other pertinent information
- Contribute to a company culture of teamwork, service, and excellence
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of project management experience. PMP preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the project management process, planning, execution, and evaluation
- Knowledge of cultural resource management and/or environmental laws and process
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, and collaboratively resolve challenges
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey complex ideas verbally, in clearly written reports, and deliver effective presentations
- Demonstrated management, business, and supervisory skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and other current technologies
- Ability to work individually and as a team
- Ability to adapt quickly and prioritize multiple active projects
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to commute to office or project locations as needed
- Documentation to prove full vaccination from COVID-19
Additional experience valued
- Experience in consulting, particularly in cultural resource consulting
- Legal training or experience
About 106 Group
106 Group is a national leader in providing consulting services in cultural heritage planning, cultural resource management, interpretation, and exhibit design. We offer a professional and friendly working environment with a wide range of interesting and challenging projects.
At 106 Group, we are committed to connecting people, place, and time by providing a wide range of consulting services throughout the nation. If you want to work as part of a supported collaborative team, be innovative, and have a flexible and diverse work environment, then 106 Group is the ideal company for you. www.106group.com
We are a hybrid office providing our staff the flexibility to work from home or our office depending on position and assigned projects. 106 Group follows health and safety guidelines as defined by the CDC and the MN Dept of Health.
Please complete our web application and submit it with an attached PDF of your resume and a cover letter highlighting your skills.
106 Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to celebrating diversity and promoting inclusion in the workplace. All are welcome and encouraged to apply.