Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining The Nature Conservancy in Ohio! Founded in 1951, The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Working in 72 countries including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach, encourage innovative ideas, and strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce.
The Nature Conservancy in Ohio is seeking a Director of Finance and Operations. The Director of Finance and Operations will work towards meeting the strategic priorities of the program by developing and coordinating financial and operative plans, facilitating achievement of conservation goals and priorities, and overseeing day-to-day tasks. They will provide overall direction or leadership for all operations functions within Ohio with a staff of approximately 50 located in multiple offices throughout the state and an annual operating budget of around $10 million. They will be responsible for Finance, Human Resources (including Diversity, Equity and Inclusion), Procurement, Facilities, Office Management, and Safety for the Ohio Program and have input into Information Systems decisions. The Director of Finance and Operations position is located in Dublin, Ohio and manages the Operations Coordinator and the Finance Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree and 6 years related experience, including 2 years managing operations functions;
• Finance / Accounting experience;
• Experience leading and implementing multiple projects;
• Experience generating financial reports, and analyzing and interpreting data;
• Experience developing and administering departmental budget or equivalent;
• Experience negotiating agreements and contracts;
• Experience working with teams across an organization; and
• Supervisory experience including setting objectives, managing performance, and conflict resolution.
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
• Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative or advisory role;
• Demonstrated ability to conceive and write creatively for various audiences;
• Experience developing, managing, and implementing goals, plans, and complex processes;
• Expertise in current and evolving technology related to field of experience;
• Expert knowledge of current and evolving trends in relevant discipline, preferably in a non-profit environment;
• Proficiency in interpreting guidelines and manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting data;
• Successful experience managing and implementing strategic program goals;
• Superior planning and problem-solving skills;
• Accounting degree and CPA accreditation; and/or Non-profit GAAP accounting experience preferred.
• Working with confidential Human Resource employee relations issues.
If you are interested in doing work you can believe in, please visit nature.org/careers and search for job ID 49147 in the keyword search. Submit your application by 11:59 PM EST on December 8, 2020.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and cultures. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military or veteran status or other status protected by law.
About The Nature Conservancy in Ohio
Founded in 1951, The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Working in 72 countries including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach, encourage innovative ideas, and strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce.