The Suquamish Tribe seeks an Activities Coordinator in our Sports & Recreation Department – Youth Center. The incumbent plans, organizes and manages culturally appropriate sports and recreational activities for Tribal youth, adults and families and promotes healthy living and exercise. Ensures the health and safety of participants involved in program activities and has a commitment to, and continues to promote, a drug and alcohol free lifestyle and nonviolent problem solving atmosphere.
• Assists in the assessing, development, planning, coordinating and setup of age appropriate cultural and recreational activities
• Provides information, resources and training to youth, parents and community members on youth related issues, including, but not limited to health, fitness, smoking, drugs, gangs, violence, relationships and bullying
• Provides transportation to and from programs as assigned.
• Administrative tasks; maintaining effective recording systems and responding to daily and monthly queries of youth/adults participants, planning out activities (sign-up sheets, permission slips, travel reservations), preparing articles for the monthly newsletter and the Sports and Recreation website page.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Some leadership or management training helpful.
• Minimum of two years’ prior experience working with children, youth and/or families.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Suquamish traditions and culture.
• Excellent driving skills; ability to drive 12 passenger van.
• This position not only requires administrative office work but also include extreme physical (to include physically participating in youth activities requiring some standing, walking, climbing, lifting stooping, bending, crawling, pushing, driving, cleaning, pulling or any variety of other sports movements) for short to long periods of time. May also include working in cramped difficult spaces.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Must be willing and able to tolerate a variety of work and weather conditions including being outdoors in all aspects of weather (including rain and snow), being indoors and in a noisy environment.
• The work schedule of this position can be extensive and varied (to include traveling and/or working, split shifts, evenings and/or weekends), chaperoning on multiple day trips along with handling unscheduled situations and/or emergencies on trips.
State/Tribal/Federal Criminal Background check required
Valid WA State Driver’s License required
Current First Aid, CPR and Food Handlers certification required
Pre-Employment drug testing required
Salary D.O.E., plus benefits package
To Apply: Please visit our website at www.suquamish.nsn.us and complete an application. If you experience any technical difficulties with the online application, you can download a hardcopy and submit it to our HR Dept. with your cover letter & resume.
To request a job description: Please call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail email@example.com
OPEN UNTIL 2-20-2020