The Suquamish Tribe seeks a Childcare Teacher for the Marion Forsman-Boushie Early Learning Center. This position assists teaching staff in providing day to day care for children enrolled in Head Start, ECEAP and Early Head Start classrooms, and School Age before and after school program.
1. Assist classroom teachers in preparing & delivering the daily program activities for infants, and toddlers, pre-school age, and/or school age children.
2. Participate in meetings & relevant training as requested (including occasional out-of-town travel for training)
Education and or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must obtain a CDA credential within one year of hire, and renew in accordance with individual timeline.
- Six months experience working with infants and toddlers, preschoolers and/or school age children, and experience working in a day care program is preferred.
- Ability to flex hours as needed and adapt to change.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, with concern for and understanding of low-income families.
- Strong organization and planning abilities.
1. TB skin test before hire
2. CPR/First Aid Training
3. Initial physical exam within 30-days of employment, every two years thereafter
4. Food Handlers Permit
5. HIV/AIDS Training
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
State/Federal/Tribal Background check required
Valid WA State Driver’s License required
Pre-Employment drug testing required
Native American preference
Salary D.O.E. plus benefits package. To apply: Please download a hardcopy application from our website at www.suquamish.nsn.us and return to our HR Office. You may also apply online from our website and attach your cover letter & resume to the application. If you experience any difficulties with the online application, the hardcopy version will suffice. If you would like a copy of the job description, call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail email@example.com. OPEN UNTIL 8-20-18.