The Suquamish Tribe is recruiting for a Custodian for our Chief Kitsap Academy (middle/high school). The Maintenance Custodian I provides a safe and sanitary workplace and community activity areas through orderly and professional day-to-day cleaning and upkeep of Tribal government buildings and regular maintenance of Tribal grounds.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must be able to work alone with minimal supervision and also work as part of a team
· Demonstrated ability to be punctual, follow schedules, meet deadlines, and efficiently conduct work
· Must show capability to follow the work place chain of command
· Must have aptitude to work on multiple tasks during same work shift
· Must be familiar with and be able to follow standard Material Safety Data Sheets
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Minimum one ( I ) year prior experience in Custodian/Janitorial field
· Must in good physical condition with ability to lift forty (40) pounds on a regular basis.
· Must have reliable transportation
State/Tribal/Federal background check required
Valid WA State driver’s license required
Pre-employment drug screening required
To request a job description, call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply: Please download and complete the hardcopy application at our website at www.suquamish.nsn.us. The online application on our website is an option as well and candidates can attach their resume and cover letter directly to the application. If you experience problems with the online application, the hardcopy version will suffice. OPEN UNTIL 3-5-19 Salary D.O.E. plus benefits.