The Suquamish Tribe is recruiting for an Early Head Start Teacher with the Marion Forsman-Boushie Early Learning Center. This position facilitates learning for infants and toddlers in an Early Head Start classroom using an approved developmentally appropriate curriculum which promotes routines, social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of children in the program.
Education and/or Experience:
1. At a minimum, a Child Development Associate; preferred AA or BA/BS in early childhood education or related behavioral field with at least two years’ experience.
2. Must have good, written and verbal communication skills, concern for and understanding of low-income families.
3. Demonstrated ability to achieve educational/social outcomes with at-risk children/families.
4. Must have reliable transportation to use on the job.
5. Must be willing to work as a team member.
6. Must be aware and sensitive to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) related to free appropriate education to all children with disabilities identified as needing special education and related services.
7. Must have interest and understanding of Suquamish Tribal culture.
Supervise and give direction to classroom Child Care Teacher, classroom substitutes and classroom volunteers.
1. TB skin test within 30 days of employment.
2. CPR/First Aide Training.
3. Initial physical exam within three months of employment, every two years thereafter.
4. Food Handlers Permit.
5. HIV/AIDS Training
6. Good personal hygiene and grooming
7. Must be able to get down on the child’s eye level and floor. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
8. Physical requirements of this position require being able to physically match the activity level of an infant or toddler.
State/Federal/Tribal Background check required
Valid WA State Driver’s License required
Pre-Employment drug testing required
Native American preference
Salary D.O.E. plus benefits. You may apply online at www.suquamish.nsn.us. If you experience technical difficulties with the online application, the hardcopy version will suffice. You can attach your cover letter & resume to the completed application and send it to our HR office either by fax, email or US Postal mail. If you would like a copy of the job description please call (360) 394-8414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. OPEN UNTIL 4-2-19