The Suquamish Tribe seeks an Education Specialist to develop academic plans for secondary level students at Chief Kitsap Academy.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
· Responsible for individual educational planning and record keeping
· Provides academic assistance to students
· Develop a strong, collaborative relationship with parents in order to develop a partnership to assist their child in being successful in educational settings.
· Represent the Suquamish Tribe and Education department on various community and/or tribal committees, sub-committees, work groups, community activities or other meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Experience working with Native American children and young adults promoting their success in academic programs.
Ability to operate with a flexible schedule.
Effective oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Good organizational skills.
Knowledgeable in Word, Excel and Outlook.
An AA degree or higher (or equivalent of 90 credits) is required.
A High School Diploma or GED is required.
With these credentials in place, there are three educational pathways and one evaluation option a potential Education Specialist can take to meet requirements.
1. Two years of study at an institution of higher education. All classes must be at level 100 or higher.
2. Associate degree or higher.
3. Pass the ETS ParaPro Assessment.
Experience in tutoring, mentoring or teaching is required.
Work with Native American communities or other underserved communities is desired.
State/Tribal/Federal background check required
Valid WA State driver’s license required
Pre-employment drug screening required
Salary D.O.E. TO APPLY: Please download and complete an application from our website at www.suquamish.nsn.us. The online application from our website is also an option but if you experience any technical difficulties, the hardcopy application will suffice. To request a job description, call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org OPEN UNTIL 3-5-19