The Suquamish Tribe is seeking a Food Services Specialist for the Marion Forsman-Boushie Early Learning Center. The incumbent will be under the direction of the Administrative Assistant, performs all activities relating to menu planning, shopping, food preparation Including clean-up, health, safety and sanitation procedures, daily menu & production records and monthly USDA Reports. Assisting the administration of a comprehensive cross cultural program for the Early Learning Center’s School Age children. Provide leadership and management of cultural activities and functions In compliance with ELC Performance Standards and applicable Grantee policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of preparation of all types of cooked foods and baked goods (meat, vegetables, soups, gravies, breads, etc.) to feed 25-160 people.
2. Use and care of basic kitchen equipment.
3. Understanding of food safely and sanitation, including, but not limited to HACCP system, FIFO rotation, food borne illness prevention, etc.
4. Skill in the use of standardized recipes. Knowledge and skill in increasing and reducing standard recipes.
5. Ability to work closely with children, volunteers and staff.
6. Must maintain a current food handler’s permit.
Education and or Experience:
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. USDA Training
3. Experience working with children in a classroom setting.
4. Ability to flex hours as needed and must be adaptable to change.
5. Valid Food Handler’s Certifications.
6. Must have good written and verbal communication skills, with concern for and understanding of low-income families.
7. Strong organization and planning abilities.
State/Tribal/Federal background check required
Valid WA State driver’s license required
Pre-employment drug screening required
Salary D.O.E. plus benefits.
To request a job description, call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply: Please visit our website at www.suquamish.nsn.us and complete an application. If you experience technical difficulties with the online application, you can download a hardcopy and submit to our HR Dept. with your cover letter & resume.