The Suquamish Tribe is recruiting for a Maternal/Infant Home Visitor for the Marion Forsman-Boushie Early Learning Center’s Home Visiting program. This position facilitates support and education for families using an approved parenting curriculum which promotes routines, fiscal responsibility, health education, social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of children and families in the program.
Education and/or Experience:
1. High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in an education, health or social services field preferred.
2. Minimum of one (1) year of work, school or volunteer experience beyond high school required.
3. Must have interest and understanding of Suquamish Tribal culture.
1. TB skin test within 30 days of employment.
2. CPR/First Aid Training.
3. Initial physical exam within three months of employment, every two years thereafter.
4. HIV/AIDS Training
5. Good personal hygiene and grooming
6. Must be able to get down on the child’s eye level and floor.
7. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Specific Job Skills:
1. Sensitive to and knowledgeable of American Indian/Alaskan Native people, culture, and issues.
2. Experience working with low-income families/communications.
3. Positive role model.
State/Tribal/Federal background checks required
Pre-Employment Drug Testing required
Valid WSDL required
Native American Preference
SALARY D.O.E. PLUS BENEFITS PACKAGE. To apply: You may download a hardcopy application from our website at www.suquamish.nsn.us . The online application on our website is an option as well but if you have any technical difficulties, the hardcopy version will suffice. If you’d like a copy of the job description, call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Open until 7/24/18.