The Suquamish Tribe is recruiting for a Paid Shellfish Intern position with the Fisheries Department. This full time temporary position will last 3-4 months during the summer, 2019.
Who can apply: All students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate university program in fisheries, aquaculture, or related fields, or college graduates with a related biological background.
Description: The intern will help the shellfish team in the field and with data entry and analyses. Specifically, the intern will:
• Perform data entry and some data analyses
• Carry out bivalve and crustacean population studies
• Participate in oyster cultch production and various shellfish enhancement activities
• Monitor clam digs on private tidelands
Experience: Some experience with fisheries or aquaculture work is an asset.
• Washington State driver’s license
• Proficient with most Windows based software
• Current first aid & CPR an asset
• Able to work on boats and beaches in all-weather conditions
• Willing to work long days and flexible hours
• Ability to work and interact with people from diverse backgrounds
• Ability to maintain a good attitude in challenging situations
Closing date: 5-10-19
State/Federal/Tribal Background check required
Pre-Employment drug testing required
Native American preference
Salary D.O.E. To apply: Please download a hardcopy application from our website at www.suquamish.nsn.us and return to our HR Office. You may also apply online from our website and attach your cover letter & resume to the application. If you experience any difficulties with the online application, the hardcopy version will suffice. If you would like a copy of the job description, call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail email@example.com. OPEN UNTIL 5-10-19