The Suquamish Tribe seeks a Preschool Teacher for the Marion Forsman-Boushie Early Learning Center. This position facilitates learning for 3-5 year old children in a Head Start/ECEAP classroom using approved developmentally appropriate curriculum which promotes routines, social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of children in the program. The incumbent will be responsible for planning, developing and maintaining a positive, nurturing, strength based learning environment that meets Performance Standards and is consistent with the Creative Curriculum, Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS), and the Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale (ECERS -R). Daily computer usage is required including Microsoft Office programs and web based data management systems. Will be using Teaching Strategies GOLD and the Creative Curriculum to develop weekly lesson plans as well as using an on-going assessment system to conduct child observations, progress checkpoints, individualized goal setting, portfolio collections and developmental reports for all children. Must maintain TS GOLD entries according to Child Development timeline. Maintain Professional Development Plan goals that meet a minimum of 15 training hours per year and may include college coursework, conference travel, classroom observation, and videotaped observations.
Education and/or Experience:
1. An Associate’ s Degree with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education plus three years teaching pre-school age children or BA/BS plus one year experience. Head Start/Early Head Start experience is preferred.
2. Must have good, written and verbal communication skills, concern for and understanding of low-income families.
3. Demonstrated ability to achieve educational/social outcomes with at-risk children/families.
4. Must have reliable transportation to use on the job.
5. Must be willing to work as a team member.
6. Must be aware and sensitive to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) related to free appropriate education to all children with disabilities identified as needing special education and related services.
7. Must have interest and understanding of Suquamish Tribal culture. Demonstrated experience working with diverse cultures.
1. TB skin test prior to starting work
2. Valid First Aid-CPR
3. Food Handlers permit within 30 days of employment, renewal every two years or when due for renewal.
4. Initial physical exam within three months of employment, every two years thereafter.
5. HIV/AIDS Training
State/Federal/Tribal Background check required
Valid WA State Driver’s License required
Pre-Employment drug testing required
Native American preference
Salary D.O.E. plus benefits package. To apply: Please download and complete a hardcopy application from our website at www.suquamish.nsn.us. The online application on our website is an option, but if you experience any difficulties with the online application, the hardcopy application will suffice. If you would like a copy of the job description, call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail email@example.com. OPEN UNTIL 7-19-19