The Suquamish Tribe is recruiting for a Science Teacher in the Chief Kitsap Academy. The Science Teacher will develop culturally appropriate curriculum, facilitate daily school operations, and teach Native American children high school and college preparation Science classes needed for graduation.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES& DUTIES
· Promote the school’s vision within the Suquamish Tribe
· Develop and implement instructional programs for Science to meet tribal, local, state and federal learning objectives and requirements
· Establish and maintain a courteous, respectful and collaborative working environment
· Research and/or develop culturally appropriate curriculum for Science and implement this in classroom setting
· Teach core science class(es)
· Develop/modify lessons for individuals (when appropriate)
· Maintain student records and complete required reports and evaluations
· Assist in the operational functions of the Education Program as assigned
· Perform other duties and assist with special projects as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of educational issues and experience working with 6-12 Native American children promoting their success in academic programs
· Able to teach course standards
· Desire and/ or experience working with children
· Demonstrated use of computers in classroom
· A Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited college or university is required.
· Washington State Secondary teacher certification with appropriate endorsement(s) in Science that cover secondary grades through 12th is required.
State/Federal/Tribal Background check required
Valid WA State Driver’s License required
Pre-Employment drug testing required
Native American preference
Salary D.O.E. plus benefits package. To apply: Please download and complete a hardcopy application from our website at www.suquamish.nsn.us. The online application on our website is an option. If you experience any difficulties with the online application, the hardcopy application will suffice. If you would like a copy of the job description, call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. OPEN UNTIL 2-12-19