The Suquamish Tribe is seeking a Soft Count Agent for the Gaming Department. Primary responsibility will be to monitor the counting of the previous days gaming receipts to insure compliance of the Tribal/State compact and internal controls. Insure that all funds are counted and verified, that all Soft Count Team Members comply with currently approved Internal Controls, Tribal/State Compact and Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS). Monitor the daily revenue drops for table games and slot department to insure the drop team complies with all current regulatory standards.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Basic Math, good writing, oral, verbal communications skills
2. Computer skills required such as Word or Excel
3. Gaming regulatory experience
4. Knowledge of Tribal-State Compact and Ordinance as well as understanding of legal concepts and process, legal interpretation and understanding, and Washington State Codes related to Gambling Violations.
5. Ability to work independently and/or with minimal supervision in addition to working in a team environment.
6. Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
1. Ability to learn regulations regarding compliance with the Tribal/State Gaming Compact and Suquamish Gaming Ordinance as they pertain to the position of Soft Count Inspector.
2. Basic computer skills.
3. Basic accounting and or math skills.
4. Ability to get along with fellow employees.
5. Capable of working in a confined area for extended periods of time.
6. Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
7. No criminal history.
8. Must be drug free.
Stressful and demanding due to nature of gaming related issues with which you work, the inter-agency/program communication and coordination, and the level of confidentiality that must be upheld. The conditions of the job also require creative problem solving under stressful or crisis conditions. Wide diversity of work situations includes working in numerous environments including, office, and in the gaming facility.
State/Tribal/Federal Background check required
Pre-Employment drug testing required
Native American preference
Salary D.O.E., plus benefits package.
TO REQUEST A JOB DESCRIPTION TO SEE DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS: Please call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY: Please visit our website at www.suquamish.nsn.us and complete and application. If you experience technical difficulties with the online application, you can download a hardcopy application and submit it to HR with your cover letter and resume.