The Suquamish Tribe is seeking a Surveillance Observer for the Gaming Department. The Surveillance Observer monitors the casino and associated areas via CCTV and direct observation to insure compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures with a fair level of understanding. Has immediate responsibility for the on-site regulation, control, and security of the gaming operation as authorized by the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act, National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) Regulations, Tribal-State Compact, and the Suquamish Gaming Ordinance. Has a basic knowledge of internal control systems, accounting systems and regulatory methods. Conducts the day-to-day monitoring and enforcement of regulations, internal controls, game rules, and security of gaming operations including gambling related investigations, gambling surveillance, and reporting responsibilities.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Basic Computer skills with the capabilities of learning new programs.
2. Self-starter as well as a team player
3. Continued learning of all regulations with regards to compliance with the Suquamish Tribal Gaming Ordinance, Tribal-State Compact, NIGC MICS and regulations, and the Internal Controls for the gaming facility as established by the Gaming operation and the Suquamish Tribal Gaming Commission.
4. Must be capable of cooperation with and rendering assistance to outside Law Enforcement Agencies (KCSO, SPD, FBI, ETC.) in the procurement of video evidence.
5. Must hold information “confidential” at all times.
6. Must have basic knowledge of the recording system software.
7. Must have a good temperament.
1. High School Diploma or GED is required.
2. Gaming experience is a plus.
3. Basic knowledge of latest Windows Operating System.
4. Good written and oral communication, self-motivation, and organization are essential.
5. No felony convictions ever and no gross misdemeanor convictions within two years prior to appointment.
6. Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s license or have the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire.
7. Knowledge or experience working in Indian Country.
State/Federal/Tribal Background check required
Valid WA State Driver’s License required
Pre-Employment drug testing required
Native American preference
Salary D.O.E. plus benefits. You may apply online at www.suquamish.nsn.us. If you experience technical difficulties with the online application, the hardcopy version will suffice. You can attach your cover letter & resume to the completed application and send it to our HR office either by fax, email or US Postal mail. If you would like a copy of the job description please call (360) 394-8414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. OPEN UNTIL 4-12-19