The Suquamish Tribe is recruiting for a Bus Driver for the Marion Forsman-Boushie Early Learning Center. This position reports to and accepts assignments from the ELC Director. Work closely with Head Start staff and parents to provide scheduled bus runs for pick up and delivery of pre-school children and for field trips and other school activities. Follow the Head Start Performance Standards.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Advise the ELC Director of transportation issues impacting the program.
2. Work closely with Head Start staff and parents to ensure children are bussed safely to and from Head Start and for field trips and other school activities.
3. Observe children and families at pick up and drop off and report any unusual happenings to the Director.
4. Insure children are released only to the parent, legal guardian or other individual identified in writing by the parent or legal guardian.
5. Clean the bus after each run.
6. Complete daily bus inspections sheets and log in file.
7. Maintain control over passengers as related to safety.
Knowledge, skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to pay attention to detail and follow through with a task.
2. Possess general knowledge of and adherence to Title 46RW (Revised Code of Washington). Possess general knowledge of and adherence to Chapter 180-20 and 392 WACS (Washington Administrative Code).
3. Possess general knowledge of bus operations and maintenance problems.
Education and or Experience:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Valid Washington State Drivers License / CDL.
3. Class B Passenger Endorsement
4. Red Cross/ CPR Endorsement
State/Tribal/Federal Criminal Background check required
Valid WA State Driver’s License required
Current First Aid, CPR and Food Handlers certification required
Pre-Employment drug testing required
To request a job description to see duties & requirements: Please call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail email@example.com
To Apply: Please visit our website at www.suquamish.nsn.us and complete an application. If you experience any technical difficulties with the online application, you can download a hardcopy and submit it to our HR Dept. with your cover letter & resume.
OPEN UNTIL 3/13/2020