The Suquamish Tribe is recruiting for a Tribal Engineer 2 for the Department of Community Development. The incumbent assists in construction related design and engineering work under the direct supervision of the Tribal Engineer.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of standard engineering principles as applied to civil projects.
2. Knowledge of engineering design, surveying, analysis, construction and construction inspection.
3. Knowledge of cartography, gis architectural & mechanical projects, and planning.
4. Knowledge of tribal sovereignty.
5. Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships within the tribal environment.
6. Possess strong organizational skills and strong problem solving skills.
7. Ability to learn rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and terminology used in tribal government environment.
8. Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure: manage simultaneous tasks and projects and meet deadlines.
9. Proficient in a windows environment, including word, excel and outlook.
10. Proficient with auto-cad, and various engineering application programs.
11. Proficient with storm water modeling and facility design and low impact design methods.
1. Possess five years or more of experience in the civil engineering field with progressively more responsibility.
2. Proven civil design and construction experience including water systems, wastewater systems, site development, and transportation and storm water facilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
1. Possess bachelor degree in civil engineering or equivalent experience.
2. Possess current registration as an engineer in training.
State/Federal/Tribal Background check required
Valid WA State Driver’s License required
Pre-Employment drug testing required
Native American preference
Salary D.O.E. plus benefits package. To apply: Please download and complete a hardcopy application from our website at www.suquamish.nsn.us. The online application on our website is an option. If you experience any difficulties with the online application, the hardcopy application will suffice. If you would like a copy of the job description, call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail email@example.com. OPEN UNTIL 7-23-19