The Suquamish Tribe is seeking an On Call Teacher for the Chief Kitsap Academy. The incumbent will be under the supervision of the CKA Principal and will substitute for the classroom teacher on an intermittent basis.
· All duties and requirements in this job description are essential job functions.
· Carry out daily teaching plans and routines for the CKA classroom teacher.
· Plan lessons and activities with appropriate staff as needed.
· Prepare and gather materials for daily activities.
· Supervise students as directed.
· Responsible for individual educational planning and recordkeeping for all students.
· Reporting incidents, progress, and daily operations to the CKA Principal.
· Reporting suspected child abuse, verbally, or, in writing to supervisor or local authorities within 24 hours.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Knowledge of educational issues and experience working with K-12 students and with Native American children promoting their success in academic programs
· Strong communication skills including the ability to organize and conduct meetings with a variety of levels of expertise
· Ability to relate well with the children and families of the Suquamish Tribe as well as with school staff and community agency officers and representatives
· A desire and experience working with Native American students, students of color, disabled students
· A demonstrated knowledge of mandatory reporting and confidentiality training
· A demonstrated knowledge of computer skills including use of Windows or DOS as well as other office skills
Education and/or experience:
· Must have a minimum of a BA degree or higher
· WA State Teaching Credentials required.
State/Tribal/Federal Background check required
Pre-Employment drug testing required
Valid WA State Drivers License required
Native American preference
Salary D.O.E., To Apply: Please complete a hardcopy application from our website at www.suquamish.nsn.us. The online application is also an option but if you experience technical difficulties, the hardcopy application will suffice. To request a job description, call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail email@example.com