The Suquamish Tribe seeks a Part-Time Receptionist for the Fitness Center (20 hours per week). The Receptionist will provide superior customer service while assisting in membership and facility questions.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
· Greet members of the Health & Fitness Center with a pleasant demeanor
· Maintain professional atmosphere and cleanliness of reception area
· Provide general administrative support to Health & Fitness Center Staff
· Sorting, distributing mail to the Health & Fitness Center including inter office mail system operations and maintaining mail and fax logs
· Maintain membership database and procedures for registering new members
· Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality in assisting individuals in filling out membership information which may include sensitive information
· Follow the opening and closing policies and procedures per shift as directed.
· Communicate and supply information related to class schedules, programs, and instructors.
· Ensure that all information pertaining to the Health & Fitness Center that is posted on the website is current and accurate.
· Responsible for coordinating with the Communications Coordinator all scheduled activities that are placed on the calendar and that will be published in the newsletter and the website
· Serve as the liaison between Health & Fitness Members, and the Health & Fitness Manager
· Enforce best practices to sustain member relationships and services
· High school diploma or equivalency
· At least two years’ experience in general office setting
· Serves as initial communications contact for the Health & Fitness Center
· Strong oral and written communications skills
· Ability to follow oral and written directions and able to work independently and as a team worker
· Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work
· Willingness to work evenings and occasional weekends
· Ability to type 50 words per minute
· Must be flexible with time and committed to providing excellent customer service
· Ability to learn new technologies and implement new technical processes when necessary.
· Experience working in Native Communities preferred
State/Federal/Tribal Background check required
Valid WA State Driver’s License required
Pre-Employment drug testing required
Native American preference
Salary D.O.E. To apply: Please download a hardcopy application from our website at www.suquamish.nsn.us and return to our HR Office. You may also apply online from our website and attach your cover letter & resume to the application. If you experience any difficulties with the online application, the hardcopy version will suffice. If you would like a copy of the job description, call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. OPEN UNTIL JAN 4, 2019.