UC San Diego
Assistant Custodial Services Manager
Filing Deadline: Tue 1/22/2019
Salary Range: $37,900 – $50,000 / Year
Under general supervision the incumbent is assigned responsibility for overseeing day-to-day operations of Custodial duties for their assigned area. Responsible to plan a Custodial program for their assigned facilities. Inspects or reviews recommendations for repairs. Discusses damage charges with Office or Custodial Services Manager and students involved. Interviews, hires, trains Sr. Custodians, Laborers and temporary staff. Coordinates Laborer support of Building Maintenance Workers, as needed. Performs inspections, inventories, various reports and records. Orders supplies. Assists in the preparation of the annual budget as required. Receives predetermined work assignments that are subject to a moderate level of control and review. Instructs direct reports to complete assignments using established guidelines, procedures and policies. Requires full knowledge of own area of functional responsibility. May perform custodial duties part of the time.
Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) is a self-funded, large and complex campus department consisting of 7 divisions, with approximately 700 career employees, 1000 to 1200 student employees and an annual operating budget of greater than $189 million. HDH provides housing for approximately 15,000 undergraduates, grad students, faculty, staff and their families in over 400 buildings covering approximately 6 million sq. ft. HDH is in the midst of implementing an aggressive building plan which will add 5000 new beds and almost double our square footage by 2021. Currently, HDH houses 38% of UCSD’s enrolled students with a goal of housing 50% in the near future. HDH provides maintenance and repair, contract meals/meal plan management, as well as retail food service, conference services and catering services to residents, students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
• Overtime and weekends may be required.
Please click here to see the Housing Dining Hospitality website – http://hds.ucsd.edu/
• Working knowledge in custodial and housekeeping services.
• Verbal and written communication skills in the English language, active listening, flexibility, critical thinking, multi-tasking, and time management.
• Working knowledge of and ability for decision making, reasoning, ability to develop original ideas to solve problems, and perform operations analysis, and quality control analysis.
• Working knowledge and skill in effective interpersonal and work leadership skills to provide guidance to other personnel.
• Basic computer application skills.
• Skill in basic math to compute inventories, order supplies, determine charges and mix solutions.
• Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on Background Check results.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
About UC San Diego
The University of California, San Diego is a public research university located in the La Jolla neighborhood of San Diego, California, in the United States. The university occupies 2,141 acres near the coast of the Pacific Ocean with the main campus resting on approximately 1,152 acres.