UC San Diego
Custodial Operations Administrator
Filing Deadline: Wed 11/7/2018
Salary Range: $48,900 – $62,250 / Year
The Custodial Operations Administrator is independently responsible for the administration and direct management of housekeeping services on two campuses. This includes establishing and implementing policy, budget development, resource management, and ensuring quality customer service. The incumbent is responsible for the development of long and short range planning for assigned Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) – facilities as it relates to the provision of custodial services, the coordination of annual summer renovation projects, resident move-out and move-in processes, summer conferences, emergency response, and special projects.
The incumbent receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) is a self-funded, large and complex campus department consisting of 7 divisions, with approximately 700 career employees, 1000 to 1200 student employees and an annual operating budget of greater than $170 million. HDH provides housing for approximately 15,000 undergraduates, grad students, faculty, staff and their families in over 400 buildings covering approximately 6 million sq. ft. HDH is in the midst of implementing an aggressive building plan which will add 5000 new beds and almost double our square footage by 2021. Currently, HDH houses 38% of UCSD’s enrolled students with a goal of housing 50% in the near future. HDH provides maintenance and repair, contract meals/meal plan management, as well as retail food service, conference services and catering services to residents, students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
• Overtime and weekends may be required.
• Solid decision making and reasoning skills, ability to develop original ideas to solve problems, and perform operations analysis and quality control analysis. Demonstrate skill and knowledge in strategic planning, including the ability to develop and implement a strategic plan, goal, policy, and procedure.
• Strong demonstrated experience in administration and management.
• Solid and effective interpersonal and work leadership skills to provide guidance to other personnel. Ability to manage remotely.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in financial management. Ability to prepare short and long range financial forecasts.
• Ability to recruit, interview, hire, manage and supervise effectively the work of others including setting and meeting performance goals, conducting performance appraisals and providing training for the staff.
• Intermediate computer application skills. Ability to use Microsoft Suite (Word, Access, Excel, Publisher and Outlook).
• Solid verbal and written communication skills in the English language, active listening, flexibility, critical thinking, multi-tasking and time management.
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a busy, service oriented office atmosphere with frequent interruptions, varied work assignments, and fluctuating priorities while meeting deadlines.
• Solid knowledge in custodial and housekeeping services.
• Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on Background Check results.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
About UC San Diego
The University of California, San Diego is a public research university located in the La Jolla neighborhood of San Diego, California, in the United States. The university occupies 2,141 acres near the coast of the Pacific Ocean with the main campus resting on approximately 1,152 acres.