UC San Diego
Residential Services & Housing Allocations Officer
Filing Deadline: Thu 4/25/2019
Salary Range: $59,700 – $92,000 / Year
Under the general direction of the Associate Director of Residential Service & Housing Allocations (RSHA), the incumbent is responsible for developing strategies for maximizing occupancy to include researching and reporting on occupancy trends. Incumbent will perform complex analysis related to strategic planning and will recommend resolutions to ensure efficient business operation. This role provides primary coordination and analytical support to the RSHA Associate Director and Director of Strategic Partnerships and Housing Allocations (SPHA) on various projects in support of the department’s long-term goals including analyzing historical occupancy trends, budgetary analysis, and management of housing space allocation.
Administrative responsibilities include the development of the housing waitlist, Room Selection, contracting and various business processes in Mercury and managing the business processes for Conference Programmer, the software which supports Conference Services and their clients. The incumbent will work collaboratively with each of the six college Residential Life programs as well as Housing colleagues to meet their needs in the implementation of the housing application and space assignment process. The incumbent serves as the team leader, providing work direction and oversight for three Business System Analysts.
Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) is a self-funded, large and complex campus department consisting of 7 divisions, with approximately 700 career employees, 1000 to 1200 student employees and an annual operating budget of greater than $189 million. HDH provides housing for approximately 15,000 undergraduates, grad students, faculty, staff and their families in over 400 buildings covering approximately 6 million sq. ft. HDH is in the midst of implementing an aggressive building plan which will add 5000 new beds and almost double our square footage by 2021. Currently, HDH houses 38% of UCSD’s enrolled students with a goal of housing 50% in the near future. HDH provides maintenance and repair, contract meals/meal plan management, as well as retail food service, conference services and catering services to residents, students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
• Overtime and weekends may be required.
Please click here to see the Housing Dining Hospitality website – http://hds.ucsd.edu/
• Thorough knowledge of University rules and regulations, processes, protocols and procedures for budget, accounting and fund management, and / or personnel management.
• Interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Interpersonal and communications skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
• Knowledge of a variety of administrative operational activities such as event planning, basic fundraising processes, risk management planning, website design, accounting and payroll, and contracts and grants regulations and guidelines.
• Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• Strong skills in short-term planning, analysis, problem-solving, and customer service. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot moderately complex problems with computing devices, peripherals and software. Understanding of and experience troubleshooting issues and actions that can be taken to improve or correct performance. Experience in incident response and digital forensics, including data collection, examination and analysis.
• Thorough knowledge of financial analysis and reporting techniques, and / or human resources policies and procedures for staff and academic employees.
• Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher).
• Demonstrated leadership and consensus-building skills. Ability and experience to identify training and development needs, evaluate workloads and resources, and planning and organizing day-to-day activities
• Expertise with the implementation of large database systems and changes to those systems. Ability to devise and carry out system testing and implementation plans. Demonstrated ability to query large databases through MS Access or SQL Demonstrated ability working with large databases which include various modules. Ability to analyze information regarding occupancy factors. Knowledge of Web documents and HTML
• Familiarity with logical data design and data mapping
• Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of how system management actions affect other systems, system users and dependent / related functions.
• Demonstrated ability to make formal and informal presentations to senior-level management and discuss the study and recommendations both inside the Department and campus-wide.
• Experience performing administrative analysis and business operations/applications, typically three years min.
• Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on Background Check results.
• If driving a University vehicle, must have current California Driver license, maintain good driving record, and participate in DMV pull program. Background check required.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
About UC San Diego
The University of California, San Diego is a public research university located in the La Jolla neighborhood of San Diego, California, in the United States. The university occupies 2,141 acres near the coast of the Pacific Ocean with the main campus resting on approximately 1,152 acres.