– Provide support for faculty in the area of teaching and learning with technology.
– Be responsible for providing innovative leadership in the design, development and implementation of online courses.
– Assist faculty to develop functional, robust and informative electronic course materials. – – Develop and deliver training sessions and instructional materials to faculty on an ongoing basis.
– Consult with faculty in developing meaningful assessment of student learning as a result of technologically enhanced pedagogy.
– Develop instructional materials using current authoring tools.
– Maintain currency with industry trends in instructional technologies and make these technologies available to faculty for online and classroom use.
– Continually evaluate and assess the effectiveness of instructional technology implementation at UNC Pembroke and make recommendations for innovation.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements: Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or related field
-Ability to identify instructional challenges and provide recommendations and strategies, applying learning and adult theories
-Experience designing and facilitating training for faculty in topics such as online course design, online course assessment, technology integration in courses, instructional methods for online courses, etc.
-Experience working with learning management systems like Canvas
-Ability to evaluate instructional technologies and make recommendations to faculty
-Experience developing online content using Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, and other authoring tools
-Experience assisting faculty with designing and developing online courses through consultations, training, and instructional materials
-Experience implementing project management strategies to instructional projects
-Experience designing and implementing online formative and summative assessments, as well as engaging learning experiences
-Currency in instructional technologies, trends, and issues
-Experience applying the Quality Matters and/or OLC rubrics to course design
-Ability to meet deadlines and work collegially and collaboratively across units
-Attention to detail in the creation of quality learning objects and materials
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Flexibility and creativity
– Evaluate curriculum requirements and develop effective instructional materials.
– Other instructional technology tasks as assigned.
Management Prefers experience working in higher education setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants: All applicants must apply via the UNCP Online Employment System using the following link: http://jobs.uncp.edu/postings/6554
Please attach detailed resume, cover letter and e-Portfolio. Also, please attach list of three professional references or include them on your application.
The search committee will begin their review of applications on September 30, 2020.
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice. Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach a copy of their DD-214 as a part of the online application process.
UNC Pembroke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and national origin. UNC Pembroke is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.