Reports to (title):
Associate Financial Officer
Type of Position:
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Accountant will assist in the daily operation of the Fiscal department and is responsible for day to day grants management, general ledger account management, budgeting, accounts payable related journal entries, financial reporting, and audit preparation. The incumbent provides technical guidance and reviews the work of the accounts payable process and is under the general supervision and technical guidance of the Associate Financial Officer.
Essential Duties, functions & Responsibilities
· Provide technical guidance and review the work of the accounting Clerk.
· Recommend journal entries to the Associate Financial Officer.
· Track daily and weekly cash needs.
· Fund Accounting
· Reconcile banking activity.
· Vendor Analysis
· Accounts payable process.
· General Ledger
· Manager’s Reports (financials) and Analysis
· Utilize accounting computer program (Abila MIP Fund Accounting).
· Assists Associate Financial Officer and Chief Financial Officer as needed.
· Keep Director well informed regarding activities, pending issues and potential problems.
MINIMUM MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS
Experience & Qualifications:
· Proficiency in use of a 10-key calculator.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Advanced knowledge in Excel to create spreadsheets, budgets, charting, pivot tables.
· Extremely good organizational skills.
· Ability to perform statistical clerical work.
· Experience with Accounts Payable and Payroll.
· Clear background check.
· Responsible and able to exercise a high level of judgment, accuracy and organization, accepts
supervision; maintain strict confidentiality; communicate and deal effectively with people in a professional and courteous manner.
· Responsible to comply with all applicable federal, state, municipal laws, statues, or ordinances.
· A self- starter who is able to work independently and as a team member; who consistently demonstrates professionalism, courtesy, efficiency, excellent internal and external customer service, high ethical standards and behavior that contributes to harmonious relationships.
· Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing.
· Demonstrated ability or willingness to work with culturally diverse populations, youth, and professionals.
· Knowledge of and/or sensitivity to the needs of the American Indian community/culture.
· Willingness to learn new skills and participate in training sessions relevant to the position.
· Associates Degree in Accounting or related field or 4+ years of general accounting experience in
Management of financial records.
· Possess a valid CA driver’s license and auto insurance
Patient Care and Customer Service:
· Maintain strict confidentiality of client and personnel information adhering to HIPAA, professional codes of conduct, State of CA regulations, Privacy Act, and UAII policies and procedures
· Communicate and deal effectively with people in a professional and courteous manner
· MIP/Abila, Microsoft Office, Internet, Email.
· Available and willing to travel as needed
· Available to work evening and weekend hours as needed
· Maintains personal responsibility for maintaining a valid licensure and for ensuring timely completion of appropriate Continuing Education Units for renewal of license
· Poses valid CA driver’s license and auto insurance
POSITION QUALIFICATION PREFERENCES
· Knowledge of Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (Public Law 93-638)
· Experience working with the American Indian community
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary functions of this job. Normal office conditions exist, and the noise level in the work environment can vary from low to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, talk and hear. There are prolonged periods of sitting, keyboarding, reading, as well as driving or riding in transport vehicles. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading, distance, computer, and color vision. Talking and hearing are essential to communicate with patients, vendors and staff.
There are a number of deadlines associated with this position. The employee must also multi-task and interact with a wider variety of people on various and, at times, complicated issues.
In performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees of United American Involvement, Inc. (UAII) are expected to conform to the following:
· Uphold all principles of confidentiality and patient care to the fullest extent.
· Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards of the healthcare and social services industry.
· Interact in an honest, trustworthy and dependable manner with clients, employees and vendors.
· Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
· Meet or exceed the performance standards as set by your supervisor.
· Work independently and as a team member; consistently demonstrates professionalism, courtesy, efficiency, excellent internal and external customer service, high ethical standards and behavior that contribute to harmonious relationships.
· Maintain a valid California driver’s license and automobile insurance if required.
UAII has implemented an Indian Preference in Employment Policy. Pursuant to this Policy, applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for this position and who are enrolled members of a federally recognized Tribe will be given primary preference in hiring and employment for this position. Other candidates will be considered only after all candidates entitled to this preference have been fully considered.
All employees must maintain a current (annual) negative/inactive tuberculosis test/x-ray results on file, have a negative result on a pre-employment drug test, consent to and pass a character investigation as prescribed in P.L. 101-630, section 408 and uphold all principles of confidentiality and patient/client care to the fullest extent. This position has access to sensitive information and a breach of these principles will be grounds for immediate termination.
Submit your application directly to Ziprecruiter posting at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/united-american-indian-involvement-inc-1f4fb987/accountant-a36f2b79
Disclaimer: The information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Employees will be asked to perform other duties as needed.