November 22, 2021
Job Announcement – Benefits Hub Engagement Coordinator
United Way of King County works to build a community where all people have homes, students graduate, and families are financially stable. Our culture fosters collaboration, teamwork, open communication, leadership, integrity, and accountability.
With our unwavering focus on racial justice for all, we hope to achieve racially equitable outcomes in King County and beyond. We believe that having staff, volunteers, and supportive community members who represent diverse backgrounds and circumstances will help us more effectively accomplish our mission. We aim to a create a welcoming and inclusive work environment, and we also strive to have a diverse staff and particularly encourage Black and Indigenous people, and people of color to apply and join our team.
The Benefits Hub Engagement Coordinator will focus on implementation of the timeline, content, and progress associated with overarching outreach for student engagement in services as well as support program managers in program operations and evaluation.
This position will provide project coordination and mobilization of resources to implement action steps tasks and engage partners in action, execute on strategies in response to need, triage new and different challenges that emerge, and ensure integrity of all student serving efforts, centering client experience in all that we do. This position will work under the supervision of the Benefits Hub Program Manager and support other key program staff activities as needed. This position is a season time-limited position from January 2022 – June 2023, with the possibility of extension. Work will be performed in a hybrid of remote and in-person activities.
The annual recruiting salary is $62,400/year ($30/hr). This position is open until filled; first consideration will be given to applications received within two weeks of posting.
*Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role (proof of vaccination will be requested during the onboarding process for the successful candidate)
Works closely with program staff to implement outreach strategies that result in a minimum of 8,000 unique students engaged with 20,000 Benefits Hub interventions across all community college campuses.
Prioritizes addressing racial disparities in persistence and completion, conducts data analysis and community scans to inform program outreach outputs.
Identifies and establishes new pathways for reaching students that extends beyond campus connections.
Expands and sustain campus pathways for student outreach through the Benefits Hub Ambassador Program, piloting student-led, engaged, and informed initiatives.
Develops outreach and marketing materials and toolkits using Brand-approved templates.
Strengthens and streamlines communications with all program stakeholders, including AmeriCorps members, coordinators/champions, key campus partners, and UWKC internal staff.
Produces bi-weekly data dashboards, and compiles monthly updates, quarterly communications, twice annual program impact reports, as well as ongoing blog posts and collecting stories of impact.
Strengthens virtual exchange with students and increase accessibility to virtual resources.
Coordinates communications calendar and social media strategies for broad scale engagement.
Manages Benefits Hub inbox and phoneline, triages student concerns, and provides excellent customer service.
Supports project coordination for all program grants and contracts.
DISCLAIMER: This job position performs other assignments and duties as assigned. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of King County.
· Proven commitment to, and experience in, working within a racial equity perspective.
· Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage grant reporting and data.
· Demonstrated excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, including outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven effective project management skills., including strong organizational and record maintenance skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle pressure with attention to detail and the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with peers and lead staff in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and initiate follow-up for required information or direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions and easily move between tasks while being flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers and lead staff using strong customer service skills.
- Proven intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams), and data management software (i.e., SharePoint, CRM), as well as various event management and conference technology tools (i.e., GetConnected, Zoom). Adobe Acrobat Pro experience preferred.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience as determined by UWKC Human Resources, in social work/human services, education, or a related field. Must have some background and experience in community engagement and be willing to learn new subject matter and partnership relationships rapidly in the position. Must be comfortable with the ambiguity associated with implementing new social service models and a steadfast commitment to identifying solutions that best meet the needs of the community and organization.
United Way of King County is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. UWKC values a racially diverse workplace and strongly encourages Black and Indigenous people, and people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
- Opportunities to work with smart, passionate, and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
- Ongoing collaboration with diverse staff and other constituents
- A desirable culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
- Exciting and challenging work
- Opportunities to help solve the community’s toughest problems
- Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
- Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
Please apply online via the following link. You will be asked to upload your resume and provide a cover letter as well as complete the UWKC application.
***Applicants MUST apply at the UWKC Career Center to be considered for this position.***
Protecting the health and safety of our communities is a top priority. Due to the circumstances surrounding the pandemic, all interviews will be conducted remotely for the time being. We will provide candidates who are selected for interviews with all the required instructions for the interview process.
United Way of King County values workplace flexibility. Our office is currently closed, and staff are working remotely until February 22, 2022. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as well as the overall health of our community and we may adjust the office opening date as needed. When our office does reopen, we will offer a hybrid approach combining in-office work and remote work for our staff.
Please note that proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role.