As part of a flexible and cross-trained Financial Support Services team, this position analyzes and prepares contribution or constituent data and gifts for processing by another team or for delivery/reporting to an external customer, donor, or other United Way team.
The annual recruiting salary range for this position is $53,648 to $54,840 DOE. This position is open until filled; first consideration will be given to applications received within two weeks of posting.
*Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role (proof of vaccination will be requested prior to employment).
· Receives, analyzes, prepares, audits and routes incoming pledges, cash, checks, EFT’s, and contribution data files for processing based on review of open pledges receivable, processing requirements, information from internal data systems, and data downloaded from external web portals.
· Prepares deposits of cash and checks and enters contribution and related information into electronic forms on behalf of donors as needed; extracts, manipulates, and standardizes electronic data files to prepare for or support processing; submits requests for gift, pledge, and payment adjustments, and tracks follow-through.
· Maintains and updates donor and agency accounts, company processing expectations, and other constituent- or contribution-related information in data management systems/databases using a variety of methods.
· Works with other departments and teammates to research and resolve internal and external inquiries.
· Recommends and implements improvements to enhance donor and customer experiences and operational efficiency.
· Performs quality assurance and takes steps to mitigate errors in gift and constituent data based on ongoing review of data integrity.
· Prepares reconciliations, reports, and analysis related to donor gifts and related data sets for internal and external use and to support business decisions.
· Provides external customer support as needed
· Performs other duties as assigned.
DISCLAIMER: This job position performs other assignments and duties as assigned. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of King County.
- Proven detail oriented with strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated effective time-management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize independently based on team goals and customer expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and understanding of correct usage of business English grammar.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and data sources
Ability to perform intermediate business math and accurate data entry
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access).
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by working collaboratively with others within and across teams..
- Demonstrated understanding of social and racial justice and equity, with a proven commitment to apply racial and economic justice lenses in both personal and workplace contexts.
- Lived experience and/or demonstrated professional skills working within a diverse work environment.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate degree, or equivalent, in business administration, accounting, or a related field. Must have at least three years’ experience in data processing or office administration. Cash handling experience preferred.
United Way of King County is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. UWKC values a racially diverse workplace and strongly encourages Black and Indigenous people, and people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
· Opportunities to work with smart, passionate, and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
· Ongoing collaboration with diverse staff and other constituents
· A desirable culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
· Exciting and challenging work
· Opportunities to help solve the community’s toughest problems
· Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
· Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
***Applicants MUST apply at the UWKC Career Center to be considered for this position. Click here to access the Career Center to apply.***
United Way King County operates a hybrid workplace with all employees able to work a combination of remote, on-site, and off-site. Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role.
About United Way of King County
United Way of King County works to build a community where all people have homes, students graduate, and families are financially stable. Our culture fosters collaboration, teamwork, open communication, leadership, integrity, and accountability.
With our unwavering focus on racial justice for all, we hope to achieve racially equitable outcomes in King County and beyond. We believe that having staff, volunteers, and supportive community members who represent diverse backgrounds and circumstances will help us more effectively accomplish our mission. We aim to a create a welcoming and inclusive work environment, and we also strive to have a diverse staff and particularly encourage Black and Indigenous people, and people of color to apply and join our team.