United Way’s Senior Manager, Finance & Operations is responsible for leading and directing the planning and implementation of an entire project through budgeting, and to support process improvement, launch new initiatives, and lead and drive systems transformation across operational and financial functions. This position develops a plan of action to get a project completed, working across departments, key stakeholders, and teams to ensure their needs and wants are included within the confines of the project and budgetary restrictions, while supporting and tracking key existing recurring deliverables in Finance & Operations.
The annual salary range is $82,900 to $84,700 DOE. This position is open until filled; first consideration will be given to applications received within two weeks of posting.
*Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role (proof of vaccination will be requested during the onboarding process for the successful candidate).
· In collaboration with and as a member of the Operations Leadership team, leads the vision in design and implementation and direction to support business process improvement initiatives across financial and operational functions.
· Under direction of VP, Finance & Operations and in collaboration with project teams, serves as a lead project manager for back-office systems and process implementations, audit engagements, insurance renewals, annual planning and/or other operational, risk-management, and systems infrastructure improvement projects.
· Works in collaboration with the Controller, Manager, Financial Support Services, IT Project Manager and/or project teams, to ensure aspects of planning and implementation of finance and operations technology projects are executed effectively, on time and on budget.
· Acts as a convenor of teams and groups, a broker of informed decisions, a systems and process change advocate to champion and facilitate data-driven decision-making.
· Develops deep, mutually respectful, and effective partnerships with stakeholders across UWKC teams.
· Collaborates with others and independently develops, refines, and produces analysis, metrics, reports, forecasts, and other deliverables using a variety of data sources and methods.
· Documents, analyses, and suggests improvements to business process flows and procedures.
· Applies internal and external project management best practices in support of quality, consistency, efficiency, and effectiveness of assigned projects or initiatives.
· Effectively convenes and communicates with project team members, peers, stakeholders, senior leadership, and across departments, including status reporting, risk and issue management, and decision making.
· Leads change management for technology upgrade from legacy financial systems to ERP software.
· Coordinates within Operations division, working with IT and Facilities to ensure efficient operational functions.
· Takes responsibility for preparation, monitoring, and approving expenses of Fin Ops team annual budgets.
· Collaborates across teams in support of organizational objectives and efficient and effective financial operations.
· Analyzes, develops, recommends, and supports implementation of new processes and procedures and technologies to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
· Manages annual development of Operations logic model/business plan and implements tracking tools (e.g., scorecards and dashboards) to report on progress to various internal and external audiences. As assigned by VP, Finance & Operations, may manage routine reporting deliverables by gathering information and producing compiled drafts of materials.
· Represents the VP, Finance & Operations on cross functional organization projects or initiatives as needed.
· Demonstrated understanding of social and racial justice and equity, with a proven commitment to apply racial and economic justice lenses in both personal and workplace contexts.
· Lived experience and/or demonstrated professional skills working within a diverse work environment.
· Demonstrated project management, problem analysis, and systems thinking skills.
· Demonstrated skills in consensus and trust-building, influencing, collaboration and change management.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and implement change by mobilizing teams to deliver agreed upon goals and objectives.
· Demonstrated critical thinking skills to identify root causes and devise innovative solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances and needs.
· Strong communication skills and demonstrated effectiveness in communicating with a variety of diverse stakeholders.
· Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems through strong analytical skills and by working collaboratively with others within and across teams.
· Proven ability to work with a variety of individuals, stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated ability to influence others without direct authority.
· Exceptional attention to detail, skilled in research and analysis.
· Proven ability to manage competing priorities and self-direct to meet strict deadlines.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate complex financial information clearly and concisely.
· Demonstrated well-developed skills effectively utilizing financial systems to optimally support department processes, and well-versed in computer applications and scheduling tools.
· Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access).
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or at least five years’ experience working in Finance, IT, or Business Systems Management required. Three years of experience in a finance or accounting role or within a finance or accounting reporting structure desired. Experience with major technology and business process change implementations in a team environment required. Business analysis, finance and/or data management background is highly desirable. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus. Experience leading a project management team or experience in a project management role preferred.
United Way of King County is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. UWKC values a racially diverse workplace and strongly encourages Black and Indigenous people, and people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
Opportunities to work with smart, passionate, and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
Ongoing collaboration with diverse staff and other constituents
A desirable culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
Exciting and challenging work
Opportunities to help solve the community’s toughest problems
Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
Please apply online via the following link. You will be asked to upload your resume and provide a cover letter as well as complete the UWKC application.
***Applicants MUST apply at the UWKC Career Center to be considered for this position. ***
United Way of King County values workplace flexibility. We have returned to our offices and are working in a hybrid fashion – part-time at the office and part-time from home.
Please note that proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and satisfactory completion of a background check is required for our employees.
About United Way of King County
United Way of King County works to build a community where all people have homes, students graduate, and families are financially stable. Our culture fosters collaboration, teamwork, open communication, leadership, integrity, and accountability.
With our unwavering focus on racial justice for all, we hope to achieve racially equitable outcomes in King County and beyond. We believe that having staff, volunteers, and supportive community members who represent diverse backgrounds and circumstances will help us more effectively accomplish our mission. We aim to a create a welcoming and inclusive work environment, and we also strive to have a diverse staff and particularly encourage Black and Indigenous people, and people of color to apply and join our team.