UC San Diego
Filing Deadline: Tue 5/8/2018
Salary Range: $18.98 – $22.01 /hour
Under the direction of the Business Manager of Property Operations and Planning (POP), the incumbent will receive and process purchase requisitions including low value purchase orders, high value requests and, blanket purchase order renewals, department orders, Express Card purchases, and ledger review. Liaison with private and campus MRO suppliers and contractors, including responding to maintenance concerns, scheduling service, account inquiries and reconciliation, and evaluation of performance.
Establish and maintain professional vendor relationships that benefit the University. Provide strong attention to detail in completing forms and projects. Accurately utilize Marketplace, Outlook, Access, Word, Publisher, Excel and Maximo software. Excellent communication, customer service and telephone skills required for heavy contact with internal and external customers and vendors. Thorough knowledge of University policies, procedures and office forms.
Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) is a self-funded, large and complex campus department consisting of 7 divisions, with approximately 700 career employees, 1000 to 1200 student employees and an annual operating budget of greater than $170 million. HDH provides housing for approximately 15,000 undergraduates, grad students, faculty, staff and their families in over 400 buildings covering approximately 6 million sq. ft. HDH is in the midst of implementing an aggressive building plan which will add 5000 new beds and almost double our square footage by 2021.
Currently, HDH houses 38% of UCSD’s enrolled students with a goal of housing 50% in the near future. HDH provides maintenance and repair, contract meals/meal plan management, as well as retail food service, conference services and catering services to residents, students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
• Overtime may be required.
• Work shift may vary.
Please visit our website: http://hdh.ucsd.edu/
• Thorough knowledge of purchasing and accounting policies and procedures
• Successful experience providing/coordinating customer service assistance in a large complex and inter-dependent department organization.
• Proficient in data entry, work processing and keyboarding skills.
• Thorough knowledge of organizational structure, policies, and procedures, with a focus on purchasing and accounting procedures, together with the ability to apply that knowledge.
• Strong ability in database management, word processing, spreadsheet software, and desktop publishing such as Access, Word, Excel, Microsoft Publisher, IFIS, Outlook Maximo, and Marketplace.
• Demonstrate experience using resources to reconcile ledgers, produce monthly financial reports, and perform appropriate journal entries.
• Skill and ability to plan, develop, coordinate and implement office system to ensure efficient operation. Ability to organize a continuous flow of work in a timely manner while meeting deadlines and with close attention to detail.
• Strong ability to communicate verbally in a clear, understandable and professional manner. Ability to communicate sound judgment and respond quickly to sensitive and urgent situations.
• Experience operating a variety of communication hardware such as; multi-line phones, two-way radios, paging systems and electronic mail and forms. Ability to operate/manipulate database structures.
• Experience working on a customer service team. Ability to take ownership of customer needs and improve service delivery. Ability to fully analyze assignments, gather data and information and to work with tact and diplomacy with all members of the campus community.
• Ability to input a high volume of complex data accurately and within pre-established deadlines. Ability to withstand high pressure and rapid job pace in an environment of changing priorities.
• Skill in developing operations and procedural manuals, new administrative policies, procedures and practices.
• Familiarity with facilities management.
• Job offer is contingent upon a satisfactory clearance based on background check results.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
About University of California, San Diego
Recognized as one of the top 15 research universities worldwide, our culture of collaboration sparks discoveries that advance society and drive economic impact. Everything we do is dedicated to ensuring our students have the opportunity to become changemakers, equipped with the multidisciplinary tools needed to accelerate answers to our world’s most pressing issues.