UC San Diego
Housing Contract and Billing Coordinator
Filing Deadline: Mon 8/13/2018
Salary Range: $22.58 – $25.93 / Hour
Responsible for the administration and maintenance of residents’ housing contracts and financial records for Associated Residential Community Housing (ARCH). Interpret and analyze account receivables and perform audits and reconciliation of account records. Administer billing and analysis of accounts and make necessary changes to accounts or provide recommendations as required. Assist area managers to minimize the number and balances of delinquent accounts. Produce automated A/R financial reports and maintain tracking system. Perform and maintain utilize ISIS housing module billing data tables. Schedule batch processing of billings and coordinate with programmers for required A/R system enhancements and resolving system issues.
Provide excellent customer service at all times. Demonstrates tact, diplomacy, and discretion while dealing with sensitive and confidential issues and information. Effectively communicates orally and in writing in an environment oriented toward customer service, and ensures that all responses have a high degree of accuracy and timeliness. Provide a high level of administrative support on a wide variety of complex and sensitive issues, including but not limited to a variety of special projects and housing verification’s.
Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) is a self-funded, large and complex campus department consisting of 7 divisions, with approximately 700 career employees, 1000 to 1200 student employees and an annual operating budget of greater than $170 million. HDH provides housing for approximately 15,000 undergraduates, grad students, faculty, staff and their families in over 400 buildings covering approximately 6 million sq. ft. HDH is in the midst of implementing an aggressive building plan which will add 5000 new beds and almost double our square footage by 2021.
Currently, HDH houses 38% of UCSD’s enrolled students with a goal of housing 50% in the near future. HDH provides maintenance and repair, contract meals/meal plan management, as well as retail food service, conference services and catering services to residents, students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
Occasional overtime and weekend work required. Background check required. Using University vehicle, may pick up contract documents from several UCSD housing facilities. Must have current California Driver License, maintain good driving record and participate in the DMV pull program. Employees may be required to take time off (vacation or temporary layoff) during scheduled operational shutdown periods, such as Christmas, Spring and Summer breaks.
Please visit the HDH website: http://hdh.ucsd.edu/
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to use personal computers and various software applications including, but not limited to, relational databases, SQL-DSE, Windows, Access, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to work with a diverse group of people while communicating clearly and effectively in grammatically correct English on the telephone, through e-mail, and in person. Must maintain tact and diplomacy, and demonstrate an ability to resolve conflicts and problems while maintaining constructive professional relationships.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple job functions with frequent interruptions, to meet multiple deadlines and changing priorities to ensure smooth work flow within policies and procedures as they relate to a variety of administrative functions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of data processing practices and application terminology, plus analytical reasoning skills to develop additional uses for system and enhance existing system.
• Must be detail-oriented and accurate, and ability to work independently and effectively with indirect supervision to complete tasks, meet deadlines, make independent judgments and decisions.
• Experience in cash collections and an ability to develop procedures and processes.
• Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze and interpret financial data and computer-generated reports.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, including a proven ability to apply these theories to various types of financial transactions.
• Knowledge and ability to maintain confidentiality of required records (such as student and non-student files) and ensure privacy rights.
• Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on Background Check results.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
About University of California, San Diego
Recognized as one of the top 15 research universities worldwide, our culture of collaboration sparks discoveries that advance society and drive economic impact. Everything we do is dedicated to ensuring our students have the opportunity to become changemakers, equipped with the multidisciplinary tools needed to accelerate answers to our world’s most pressing issues.