Job no: 530908
Work type: Officer of Administration
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Accounting/Finance, Administrative/Professional, Administrative/Office Support, Business Administration/Management, Operations/Infrastructure
Department: Finance and Administration Shared Services
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000 per year
Compensation Band: OS-OA07-Fiscal Year 2022-2023
2 Positions Available
Application Review Begins
January 18, 2023; open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a current resume, a cover letter that explains how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications, and the names and contact information for 3 professional references.
The Finance and Administration Shared Services Department (FASS) is located within the Finance and Administration portfolio. Finance and Administration is a vibrant and varied portfolio serving all aspects of campus life. Finance and Administration employees perform a wide range of functions including offering essential support to the Universities many departments, providing key resources to employees, and keeping campus safe. FASS provides department level administrative services to groups across the University in three areas: Business Operations, Human Resources and Information Technology.
The mission of the Finance and Administration Shared Service team is to provide professional and timely service, offering our expertise in a wide variety of functions. FASS is committed to providing superior customer service and creating partnerships with clients to ensure their needs are fulfilled to the highest standard.
The FASS unit provides administrative services for 20+ departments across several portfolios including:
• Campus Planning and Facilities Management
• Safety and Risk Services
• Campus Services
• University Human Resources
• Information Services
• Purchasing and Contracting Services
• The Office of General Counsel
• The Office of the President
The units supported by FASS constitute multiple large business enterprises consisting of more than 900 employees and a total operating budget in excess of $80 million.
The mission of FASS Business Operations group is to provide comprehensive business services to FASS-supported units. Business Operations works collaboratively with clients to provide support in Strategic Finance, Accounting, Grants, Contracts, and Purchasing. The Business Operations Manager serves an integral role in providing effective business support to FASS-supported units. This is a dynamic position that offers the opportunity to work with multiple units across campus.
The BOM manages the daily operations of an assigned business support team that is responsible for accounting and financial transactions for FASS-supported units. This position leads, reviews and ensures that all tasks performed by the assigned team are completed accurately and efficiently. Core functions of the business team include reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, monthly, quarterly, and annual closing processes, financial report support, financial contract administration, grant support, and project support.
The BOM works collaboratively with other members of the Business Operations group to effectively and strategically serve supported units. The BOM reinforces continual improvement and implements processes related to accounting, financial management, contracts, purchasing, and travel as directed by FASS leadership. A successful incumbent is helpful, knowledgeable in UO processes and procedures, ethical, adaptable, and enjoys working with supported units and FASS team members.
• 1 year of supervision experience or performing work on a team in a lead function
• 2 years of business operations experience that includes accounting or financial support
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, or related field. OR Bachelor’s degree in unrelated area and 4 years of business operations experience that includes accounting or financial support
• Analytical and problem-solving – gathering and synthesizing diverse information and identifying and creating innovative solutions to problems.
• Written and oral communication – writing and speaking clearly and persuasively in various situations including via email and group presentations and conducting productive meetings.
• Customer service and quality management – providing and expecting exceptional customer service; looking for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
• Respectful workplace – creating and maintaining a culture of respect and inclusion
• Judgement – displaying willingness to make appropriate decisions, exhibiting sound and accurate judgement, and making timely decisions.
• Planning/organizing – prioritizing and planning work activities, using time efficiently and developing realistic action plans.
• Strong Excel skills with demonstrated use in daily work
• Experience with Cognos or other similar business intelligence software
• Experience with Banner or other ERP system
• AiM or other Enterprise Asset Management Software (EAMS) experience
• Higher education experience
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
University of Oregon students and employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. For additional information see: https://hr.uoregon.edu/uo-covid-19-vaccination-requirement-employee-process.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://clery.uoregon.edu/annual-campus-security-and-fire-safety-report.
Advertised: Dec 27, 2022 Pacific Standard Time