Job no: 529249
Work type: Classified Staff
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Information Technology, Computer and Information Science
Department: Information Services
Classification: Oper Systems-Network Analyst 3
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $31.79 – $50.76 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
May 10, 2022; open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a complete application including an online application that addresses how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
Please email email@example.com for a full position description.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a complete application through the UO Career page: https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/529249/enterprise-communications-systems-administrator
Information Services (IS) is the central information technology unit at the University of Oregon and provides wide ranging services to campus. Information Services consists of four major functional areas: Customer Experience, which serves as the key contact point for interactions with campus clients and customers; Applications & Middleware, which manages and supports applications, integration services, identity management and data management; Information Security, which helps protect virtual or physical information; and Technology Infrastructure, which provides administration and support for the software, hardware, and services needed to support the campus IT environment. Information Services also includes the Advanced Network Technology Center. IS works closely with the Network for Education and Research in Oregon.
Established in 1876, the University of Oregon offers a breadth and depth of curricula with more than 270 academic programs and provides the opportunity to work at a respected research university with a strong holistic, liberal arts foundation. The UO also has a history of political and social involvement that embraces diverse beliefs, cultures, and values, and it is committed to environmental responsibility.
The University is also proud of the newly-announced Phil and Penny Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact, an initiative specifically designed to fast-track scientific discoveries and the process of turning those discoveries into innovations that improve the quality of life for people in Oregon, the nation and beyond. Information Services collaborates with Research and Innovation and our schools and colleges to support the research, teaching, and learning mission of the University.
Eugene is the home of the University of Oregon. Located in the lush Willamette Valley, Eugene is well-known for outdoor pursuits like running, cycling, rafting, and fishing, as well as arts, music, crafts, brewing, wine-making, and community-supported agriculture. With branches in Portland and on the Oregon coast, the UO is deeply connected to Oregon’s natural and cultural treasures.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Workplace Services, the Enterprise Communications Systems Administrator is responsible for ensuring the integrity of services for the University of Oregon’s electronic collaboration services. This position is a key member of the team devoted to enterprise voice platforms (such as Amazon Connect and Microsoft Teams Voice) and other electronic communication and collaboration applications and services that are consumed by thousands of University staff, students, and faculty daily. This position will manage access to sensitive data including public records requests and ensure the integrity of services by coordinating or instigating support with vendors.
The Enterprise Communications Administrator manages the campus enterprise voice and contact center services. These duties include active collaboration with other Information Services units and University technology professionals, developing, implementing, and evaluating short and long-range goals. This position is also responsible for determining resource needs and priorities and making recommendations. In addition, this position is a critical component in the ongoing development, implementation, and management of repeatable procedures, policies and application documentation. This position produces recommendations for critical campus-wide services related to communication, collaboration, and productivity.
Though this position does not directly supervise, the Enterprise Communications Administrator will act as a lead in the team to formulate and carry out decisions, represent management’s interest, and take discretionary actions as appropriate.
Work is reviewed as needed by the supervisor to ensure it is performed efficiently, safely, and meets both expectations and applicable requirements. A performance appraisal is conducted annually.
It is an essential requirement of this position to qualify for and maintain UO driver’s certification eligibility, which includes maintaining an Oregon driver’s license throughout employment in this position.
This position may be required to serve on-call duties on a rotational basis. This may include responding to emergencies during off-hours, including weekends and holidays. On-site, response to campus is expected within 30 minutes from the time of the call, if needed. Communication is via a cellular phone.
This position may provide essential services during times of emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
The incumbent will be part of an on-call rotation and may be expected to work after hours and/or weekends.
This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge in operating systems programs, maintenance, systems administration, and network systems that would normally be obtained through a bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, engineering mathematics, telecommunications or a related technical field, or equivalent technical training and/or experience.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team of diverse IT professionals, clients, and partners.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing technical environment.
• Strong understanding of the importance of protecting sensitive and private data. Examples include electronic correspondence, personnel records and FERPA/HIPAA/PCI data.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to audiences with a wide range of technical skills.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Two years of experience with enterprise voice administration (VOIP/PSTN, etc.)
• Experience working with voice services such as Microsoft Teams Voice, Amazon Connect, Cisco WebEx, Google Voice or other and their relationship to dependent services.
• Experience administrating cloud-based collaboration services.
• Experience leading technology implementation projects.
• Experience using scripting languages such as PowerShell, bash, or perl.
• Experience managing cloud-based video conferencing services such as Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Teams, etc.
• Experience with records retention & e-discovery.
• Experience with systems automation, change management, capacity planning, documentation.
• Experience in a mixed Microsoft/Linux environment.
• Experience managing instant messaging services such as (Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, XMPP – Jabber/OpenFire, etc.).
• Experience with enterprise data protection and disaster recovery.
• Experience working in a large environment with a distributed administration model.
• Experience providing high-availability services to enterprise clients via load balancing and/or server clustering technologies.
• Experience working with basic security concepts relating to cloud-based service management.
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
University of Oregon students and employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For additional information see: https://coronavirus.uoregon.edu/vaccine.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.