Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Information Technology, Computer and Information Science
Department: Information Services
Classification: Analyst Programmer 2
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $57,108 – $105,984 per year
2 Positions Available
Review of Applications Begins
February 10, 2023; open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
In addition to your application, please include:
1) A current resume
2) A cover letter that clearly articulates how your skills and experience or training meets the desired professional competencies and preferred qualifications for this position described below.
All applications must be submitted here, https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/531043/enterprise-software-developer
Information Services (IS) is the central information technology unit at the University of Oregon and provides wide ranging services to campus. Information Services consists of four major functional areas: Customer Experience, which serves as the key contact point for interactions with campus clients and customers; Applications & Middleware, which manages and supports applications, integration services, identity management and data management; Information Security, which helps protect virtual or physical information; and Technology Infrastructure, which provides administration and support for the software, hardware, and services needed to support the campus IT environment. Information Services also includes the Advanced Network Technology Center. IS works closely with the Network for Education and Research in Oregon.
Established in 1876, the University of Oregon offers a breadth and depth of curricula with more than 270 academic programs and provides the opportunity to work at a respected research university with a strong holistic, liberal arts foundation. The UO also has a history of political and social involvement that embraces diverse beliefs, cultures, and values, and it is committed to environmental responsibility.
Eugene is the home of the University of Oregon. Located in the lush Willamette Valley, Eugene is well-known for outdoor pursuits like running, cycling, rafting, and fishing, as well as arts, music, crafts, brewing, winemaking, and community-supported agriculture. With branches in Portland and on the Oregon coast, the UO is deeply connected to Oregon’s natural and cultural treasures.
The purpose of this position is to primarily support enterprise software applications via custom software development to extend capabilities and integrate systems. This requires in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of enterprise systems comprised of new and legacy technologies. Working within the constraints of vendor provided systems and external organizations this position will work with various university stakeholders to manage, maintain, and develop enterprise functionality.
This position will work regularly with the following: campus-wide departmental stakeholders either directly or as part of a team consisting of vendors, external organizations, peer institutions, application service managers, system administrators, database administrators, networking staff, analyst programmers, project managers, business analysts, and end users.
This position will also participate in the following: cross-functional systems analysis, impact analysis, creation and management of policies/procedures, elicit functional and technical requirements, perform vendor research and outreach, design/develop/implement/document/maintain/support application development, coordinate testing of solutions and anticipate, troubleshoot, and resolve problems.
This position is responsible for enterprise-level complex systems, the integrity of the underlying data, and continuous improvement of associated application development methods, techniques, and practices. This position is hybrid-eligible.
This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
• Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing technical environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to audiences with a wide range of technical familiarity
• Proven ability to debug and/or troubleshoot application and program problems
• Experience with databases including developing relational schemas and writing SQL queries
• Writing and maintaining exceptional technical documentation
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Demonstrated ability to think objectively and creatively, focusing not only on details, but accurately comprehending the larger issues and being able to communicate the relation accurately and clearly between both.
• Demonstrated ability to work calmly and reasonably in a demanding work environment subject to a variety of pressures and constraints.
• A high level of internal motivation and an ability to work patiently with clients and co-workers under stressful circumstances.
• Experience with ERP systems
• Experience with Java software development and web technologies
• Experience with Oracle database development technologies
• Experience with Ellucian Banner
• Experience with source code control and versioning systems
• Experience with business analysis
• Experience with Linux based environments