Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Information Technology, Computer and Information Science, Data Science
Department: Information Services
Classification: Analyst Programmer 3
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $74,484 – $118,128 per year
Review of Applications Begins
March 20, 2023, position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
In addition to your application, please include:
1) A current resume
2) A cover letter that clearly articulates how your skills and experience make you an ideal candidate for this position. Please elaborate on how you meet minimum qualifications and provide details on any preferred qualifications that you meet.
All applications must be submitted here, https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/531385/etl-developer
Information Services (IS) is the central information technology unit at the University of Oregon and provides wide ranging services to campus. Information Services consists of four major functional areas: Customer Experience, which serves as the key contact point for interactions with campus clients and customers; Applications & Middleware, which manages and supports applications, integration services, identity management and data management; Information Security, which helps protect virtual or physical information; and Technology Infrastructure, which provides administration and support for the software, hardware, and services needed to support the campus IT environment. Information Services also includes the Advanced Network Technology Center. IS works closely with the Network for Education and Research in Oregon.
Established in 1876, the University of Oregon offers a breadth and depth of curricula with more than 270 academic programs and provides the opportunity to work at a respected research university with a strong holistic, liberal arts foundation. The UO also has a history of political and social involvement that embraces diverse beliefs, cultures, and values, and it is committed to environmental responsibility.
The university is also proud of the Phil and Penny Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact, an initiative specifically designed to fast-track scientific discoveries and the process of turning those discoveries into innovations that improve the quality of life for people in Oregon, the nation and beyond. Information Services collaborates with Research and Innovation and our schools and colleges to support the research, teaching, and learning mission of the university.
Eugene is the home of the University of Oregon. Located in the lush Willamette Valley, Eugene is well-known for outdoor pursuits like running, cycling, rafting, and fishing, as well as arts, music, crafts, brewing, wine-making, and community-supported agriculture. With branches in Portland and on the Oregon coast, the UO is deeply connected to Oregon’s natural and cultural treasures.
Reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager, this position is responsible for Extract Transform and Load (ETL) planning, design, development, and support for enterprise data warehouses and data marts. This position works independently and also functions as an effective team member in a variety of projects related to providing enterprise reporting, analytics, and other application services.
This position develops and maintains high quality and up-to-date critical system documentation. This position provides expertise and consultation to other Information Services teams with regards to data structures and pipelines position functions within a team to initiate, promote and coordinate activities to foster growth within the university business intelligence community. This position has no budget authority and no supervisory authority.
This position may provide essential services during times of emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
Candidates who promote and enhance diversity are strongly desired.
This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
• Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds
• Demonstrated advanced problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to audiences with a wide range of technical skills
• Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing technical environment
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Keen attention to detail in analysis and validation and strong organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to audiences with a wide range of technical skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, or Software Engineering
• Proven understanding of data warehousing concepts and supporting technologies
• 3 or more years of Extract, Transform, and Load development experience.
• Experience with software development activities such as source code control, issue tracking and quality assurance
• Demonstrated experience working with end-users to analyze needs and define requirements
• Experience with Ellucian Banner, ODS and/or EDW
• Experience with Oracle Databases and/or Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
• Experience with IBM Cognos
• Experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS data services
• Experience analyzing Financial, HR or Higher Education data
• Experience with Agile development methodology
• Experience with ITIL or ITSM
FLSA Exempt: Yes