The Controller reports to the CFO (CEO or COO in the absence of a CFO) The Controller is accountable for the organization’s fiscal operating results and will provide information to the CFO for presentation to the CEO. The Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of WDC and monthly, quarterly, and annual roll-up activities of subsidiary companies with Quickbooks. The Controller will handle day-to-day financial input, output and payroll of the Federal subsidiaries using Deltek Costpoint software. The controller will ensure reliable, accurate and transparent financial reporting that is compliant with all Tribal, local, state and Federal requirements. The Controller will work with the CFO in strategic planning and forecasting.
• Insures all transactions are recorded in accordance with US generally accepted accounting principles GAAP and DCAA regulations where appropriate
• Responsible for the day-to-day input and output of WDC and monthly, quarterly, and annual roll-up of financial information from the commercial real estate and commercial operating business segments of the WDC investment portfolio, using Quickbooks.
• Assist in the implementation and take lead on the day-to-day input of Deltek Costpoint Accounting system for Government contracts and Commercial entities
• Maintain the day-to-day cash operations for WDC and subsidiary companies
• Assist CFO with preparation of annual budget for WDC and subsidiary companies, as needed.
• Assist in the development of billing rates used in proposals, both Commercial and Federal
• Participate in proposal activity and review pricing responses to RFP and RFQ’s
• Assist with review and implement changes to internal accounting controls as needed
• Participate in chart of accounts refinement as needed
• Assure consistent accounting practices and principles are applied at both the parent company and subsidiary level
• Maintain a documented system of accounting records, practices and internal controls
• Process all day to day invoicing, cash management, cash receipt and deposits
• Regularly perform general accounting duties including payroll, expense account reconciliation and reimbursement, accounts payable and receivable for WDC and subsidiary companies utilizing Deltek Costpoint software
• Manage and reconcile all general ledger accounts monthly
• Comply with DCAA regulations and Federal Practice
• Accounting-related assistance with acquisition due diligence including budgeting and market research
• Coordinate supplying all information requested by external auditors to complete the annual audit for WDC and subsidiary companies
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
Native American & Veteran Hiring Preferences will be applied in accordance with WDC policy
Waséyabek Development Company is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
About Waseyabek Development Company
Waséyabek Development Company, LLC (WDC) is a legal entity, created and wholly owned by the Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi (NHBP), a Federally recognized Indian Tribe. WDC is committed to fostering the development of a stable, diversified economy for members of the Band which will contribute to their long-term wealth and economic self-sufficiency while managing risk and creating quality employment opportunities.