About the Position
Reporting to WCG Principal, the Project Manager will oversee project(s) as assigned, managing performance and meeting deliverables associated with Project goals. As lead strategist on assigned project(s), the Project Manager will have primary responsibility to project oversight, regularly communicating and strategizing with WCG Principal to ensure delivery of intended outcomes on behalf of client. Duties include development and oversight of project workplans, working with client constituencies and stakeholders, and forming personal relationships with external and internal partners. Initial project assignment will center on the intersection of homelessness and marginalized subpopulations, specifically American Indian and Alaska Native individuals and families at risk of or experiencing homelessness. Further, the Project Manager will provide support to leadership development projects overseen by WCG team members, for example, serving as a supporting role in providing professional development training modules centered on leadership, justice, equity, and inclusion.
Our ideal candidate is a confident self-starter and team player with experience overseeing complex assignments independently, working within a team, and helping clients achieve goals. The candidate must be comfortable working in a small organization where initiative, fresh ideas, and commitment are valued. Individuals with professional or personal experience within the American Indian and Alaska Native community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of Project Manager
- Manage resources and time effectively and adjust to changing demands and priorities.
- Provide project oversight, adhering to project timelines.
- Manage relationships with clients and partners.
- Facilitate meetings with external partners; actively engage participants and guide conversation.
- Lead project team meetings for select project; Attend and support team meetings for projects to which assigned a supporting role.
- Work with people from multiple disciplines to gain knowledge on new subjects; Contribute to WCG’s knowledge capital to improve delivery of consulting services.
- Conduct research on specific topics, strategies, or policies; Complete and document technical analyses.
- Conduct data collection and analysis, to include field research, interviews, focus groups, case studies, and surveys.
- Identify and understand problems through forecasting, gap analysis, quantitative reporting, research, and statistical analysis, including research of sector trends and patterns.
- Inform and advise various levels of management and stakeholders; Recommend changes and improvements based on research findings.
- Document all data and research procedures; organize and archive data.
- Proven interest in uplifting marginalized and vulnerable communities (experience in the fields of homelessness/housing services preferred).
- Experience working with senior management teams.
- Relevant research experience; Strong technical and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with technical writing skills.
- Good time-management habits, ability to multi-task and work independently and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas in an accessible manner; Excellent listening skills.
- Experience facilitating conversations with diverse stakeholder groups; Cultural competence.
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, creativity.
- Able to manipulate data sets using a variety of software applications (Excel, Microsoft Office Suite); Ability to perform statistical analysis preferred.
- Skilled knowledge in generating documentation.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience within nonprofit, philanthropy, government agency, or consulting firm.
- Degree in public policy or related discipline preferred.
- Experience working with indigenous populations; knowledgeable about the needs of the American Indian and Alaska Native community.
- Experience carrying out projects involving policy and/or systems-change work, program planning, or evaluation.
- Experience with executive coaching.
- Experience within consulting firm or relevant Los Angeles County agency.
- Portfolio that includes sample presentations and technical writing.
- Bilingual in Spanish (oral and written).
- FTE Exempt: Salary Range $81,000-$89,000 Annual
- Benefits: Full-time employees receive 10+ paid holidays and accrue vacation leave at a beginning rate of 2 weeks annually. Work week is 37.5 hours. Employer-sponsored health plan not available.
- Remote to start; non-virtual meetings located in downtown Los Angeles and Pasadena areas (this expectation anticipated to increase over time)
Please apply at consultingwatson.com/jobs
About Watson Consulting Group
About Watson Consulting Group
Watson Consulting Group (WCG) is a mission driven for-profit consulting firm focused on organizational change needs, leadership initiatives and systems change benefitting vulnerable communities. WCG clients are leaders within government, philanthropy, and nonprofit organizations that face complex challenges and seek impactful solutions primarily in the fields of homelessness, affordable housing, and social services.
WCG provides the assistance clients need to achieve desired outcomes by supporting systems change, providing coaching and leadership development, and developing tools for improved service delivery through an equity lens. This work requires a deep understanding of our clients’ priorities and the dynamic environments in which they operate. By recognizing the value of systems change founded in equitable access to quality supportive services and built on a foundation of evidence-based policy and practice, our Project Managers focus on working to facilitate and assist sustainable solutions.
WCG is committed to making a social impact and supporting organizations in their pursuit towards a more just and equitable world. We approach our work based on three key values: equity, integrity, and collaboration. By leveraging data and asking the right questions, we gather quality insights to help clients meet their project goals. We customize all our work with the belief that there are many best practices, but each organization and community is unique.