The Gaming Commission Office Manager will serve as the lead point of contact for administrative support in the Gaming Office. The Office Manager will conduct and coordinate the day-to-day administrative duties necessary to keep the office operational and to provide overall support in all matters pertaining to the effective and efficient management of Wilton Rancheria’s Gaming Commission.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs and oversees completion of all general clerical functions to support the Gaming office including:
- maintaining inventory and submitting orders for office supplies and equipment
- handling all incoming and outgoing mail and distributing incoming mail to appropriate personnel
- overseeing phone coverage schedule including ensuring advanced planning, professional and timely responses to callers, troubleshooting voicemail problems and intaking complaints and incident calls when no licensing staff are available.
- coordinating the use of meeting space for trainings and meetings
- overseeing purchases, supplies, software, and other essential tools necessary for the efficient running of the Gaming office.
- acts as liaison to building management regarding maintenance issues.
- Serves as lead for administrative functions of Gaming Commission
- Performs project and event planning for Commission, including the oversight and managing of Commission calendar.
- Responsible for coordinating all travel and accommodation arrangements for the Gaming Commission staff.
- Create, format, and edit Word, Excel, Publisher, and/or PDF documents
- Perform bookkeeping tasks such as tracking invoices, budget tracking and monitoring accounts receivable.
- Assist with budget-related projects including annual creation of the budget, preparation and submittal of receipts, financial records, and reports on behalf of the Commission
- Serve as the Executive Director’s “go-to” person
- Always maintains confidentiality.
- Performs other relevant duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have knowledge of Tribal communities, specifically the Wilton Rancheria Tribal community or be willing to become knowledgeable.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles and practices of office management.
- Past supervisory experience preferred with the ability to coach and train other staff
- Must have demonstrated experience in exercising sound professional judgment, determination, and persistence.
- Must possess excellent analytical, typing/word processing, communication, grammatical and composition skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information and to exercise sound judgment.
- Knowledge of work simplification methods.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Comfort in learning and working within IT systems
- Strong customer service skills
- Must work well in a team environment, be a quick learner and have solid time management skills.
- Must demonstrate strong and effective leadership skills.
- Must have the ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries.
- Must have adequate conflict resolution skills/training.
- Must be a strong gatekeeper.
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of relevant experience (required).
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, transportation, and insurance (required).
- Must be proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint (required).
- Knowledge of Tribal Gaming operations and facilities (preferred).
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish (preferred).
- Must be personable and polite with the ability to use discretion, initiative, and good judgment in the performance of duties.
- Must be able to work evening hours and weekends on occasion (required).
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation, no convictions of certain offenses, no conflicting interests, ability to abstain from gambling anywhere in the State of California, on or off duty.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug tests as requested over course of employment.