Wishtoyo Foundation, a Native-led non-profit, is place, organization, and movement inspiring people to live in harmony with our Earth again. Wishtoyo, the Chumash word for rainbow, serves as a “rainbow bridge” linking Chumash and Indigenous lifeways to the protection of natural and cultural resources through education, community organizing, research, and advocacy.
Wishtoyo is seeking a Development Manager to join our team. The Development Manager will play an important role in supporting Wishtoyo’s mission through fundraising efforts. Strong candidates will be a self-starter who has excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task. We’re interested in hiring a dynamic, innovative individual with a proven track record of fostering strong donor relationships. As a small organization our team often wears many hats, working collaboratively to achieve our goals. The Development Manager will report to the Director of Development. Primary responsibilities will support fundraising efforts including, but not limited to, events, major gifts, grants, sponsorship, membership, campaigns and communications.
· Help develop and implement Wishtoyo’s annual development plan.
· Support, manage and execute fundraising campaigns
Identify, cultivate, provide outreach to and communicate with individual donors
· Prospect, write, and submit grant proposals
· Ensure the gift acknowledgement process offers an optimal donor experience
· Oversee sustaining membership program
· Prepare Board reports & communications
· Provide annual gala and event support
· Provide input and deliver strategies to expand major gift program
· Liaise with program staff on grant reports, data collection and communications with grantor
· Oversee data entry and donation tracking software
· Maintain confidentiality of information and records.
Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Strong communication skills and must be comfortable making public presentations and engaging with donors
· Experience in fundraising events, grants and campaigns
· Demonstrated successful experience working with donors and volunteers
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
· At least three to five years of experience in nonprofit fundraising work
This job is in Santa Paula, CA, however, a hybrid schedule may be considered. This is a full-time exempt position, range $72k – $85k commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits and vacation package.
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your experience, a writing sample and resume to Accounting@wishtoyo.org.