The Scripps Research Institute is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant III Support for its Florida facility. The Administrative Assistant III-Support reports to the Director of Graduate Studies and performs a variety of clerical, financial and administrative duties in support of the Office of Graduate Studies, including the Graduate Program and Educational Outreach, and Associate Dean on the Florida campus. This will involve coordination of activities with the California office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Serves as the first point of contact for the Graduate Studies Office, answers and responds to phone, emails and inquiries, assists graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, summer interns, faculty members and visitors who contact or visit the office, communicates program and policies.
• Opens, date stamps and routes mail to students and staff.
• Assists in organizing and coordinating Scripps participation and representation at graduate program fairs.
• Assists with graduate program recruiting efforts by coordinating travel, hotels, restaurants, transportation of students and faculty.
• Schedules advisory and thesis committee meetings, oral exams and defense of theses.
• Arranges logistics for Distinguished Lecture Series, monthly happy hours, etc.
• Assists with coordinating reservations and logistics for the Graduate Program Symposium, including venue, hotels, restaurants, transportation, etc.
• Attends monthly journal club meetings and takes attendance.
• Coordinates classroom and lecture hall room reservations for outreach, graduate program, and career-related events; prepares and implements room layouts to accommodate scheduled events; coordinates technology needs with faculty, students, IT and FL campus.
• Coordinates social events and facility tours for education and training programs; contacts and invites speakers; coordinates dates; develops, produces and distributes communication pieces and event materials.
• Provides clerical and administrative support for educational outreach programs.
• Orders and maintains education and training programs supplies and equipment.
• Coordinates work permits, timesheets and requisitions for trainees.
• Maintains the financial records of the office; processes all invoices and check requests, RFPs and RFTs. Reviews accounts payable coding and monitors general ledger journal entries; prepares reports.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
About The Scripps Research Institute
The Scripps Research Institute, one of the world's largest, private, non-profit research organizations, stands at the forefront of basic biomedical science, a vital segment of medical research that seeks to comprehend the most fundamental processes of life. Over the last decades, the institute has established a lengthy track record of major contributions to the betterment of health and the human condition.