The Calibr neglected tropical disease team is seeking a highly motivated individual to be trained and integrated into a team environment to support multiple drug discovery programs. Under this role, the ideal candidate will work with other team members to support the execution of key high-throughput assays, maintain cell culture lines, and assist with additional projects as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform general lab duties
• Tissue culture and preparation of media and reagents
• Compound handling and plate inventory
• Maintain blood-stage cultures of Plasmodium falciparum, a BSL2 pathogen and the causative parasite of malaria
• Execute high-throughput assays against select BSL2 pathogens for screening campaigns and routine SAR profiling
• Data analysis and lab notebook documentation
• The position requires great attention to details, troubleshooting capability and flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
About The Scripps Research Institute
The Scripps Research Institute, one of the world's largest, private, non-profit research organizations, stands at the forefront of basic biomedical science, a vital segment of medical research that seeks to comprehend the most fundamental processes of life. Over the last decades, the institute has established a lengthy track record of major contributions to the betterment of health and the human condition.