The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) is currently seeking a Research Assistant II for its Chemistry Department.
The Department of Chemistry at The Scripps Research Institute in Jupiter, FL is seeking a highly motivated researcher with a strong background in nucleic acids, biochemistry and molecular biology to join our team.
· Design and preparation (from chemical synthesis or in vitro transcription) of RNA constructs
· Optimize and execute enzymatic assays with proteins that process RNAs
· Cloning of RNA and protein constructs for expression in bacteria and mammalian cells
· Forced expression and isolation of proteins in mammalian cell lines
· Execute and analyze cell-based assays, including RT-qPCR, Western blotting, and luciferase
· Work in an interdisciplinary environment and gain experience
· Documentation / maintenance of laboratory notebook
About The Scripps Research Institute
The Scripps Research Institute, one of the world's largest, private, non-profit research organizations, stands at the forefront of basic biomedical science, a vital segment of medical research that seeks to comprehend the most fundamental processes of life. Over the last decades, the institute has established a lengthy track record of major contributions to the betterment of health and the human condition.