San Diego Humane Society is hiring a Full-Time Director of Facilities for our Support Services & Facilities team!
How you’ll impact our mission:
At San Diego Humane Society, we’re united by our mission to Inspire Compassion, providing hope and advancing the welfare of animals and people.
The Director of Facilities oversees all property, building & fleet maintenance activities and construction projects for the San Diego Humane Society. This position is also responsible for general maintenance, hands-on repairs and providing supervision to the maintenance staff and oversight and management of outside contractors as directed.
If you’re passionate about making an impact in the animal welfare movement, we’d love to talk to you.
What’s in it for you?
At SDHS, we’re proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and commit to being a place where every person – staff, volunteer, and guest – can feel a sense of belonging. We support and invest in employees through conscious delivery of benefits and a workplace environment based on our Core Values.
As an employee you’ll enjoy:
· Competitive pay and paid time-off (including your Birthday Day Off!)
· Comprehensive benefits package, training and well-being programs
· 403(b) retirement plan with 5% match after 1 year
· Free pet adoptions, pet vaccines and spay/neuter services
· …and so much more!
What you’ll do:
Building & Campus Maintenance
Overall responsibility for facilities management including furniture, fixtures, and equipment at all locations.
Maintain an effective work order process to schedule repairs in a responsible and timely manner and ensure assigned work orders are completed satisfactorily.
Assists with special events as necessary, including and not limited to coordinating facilities and vendor contributions to facility preparations.
· Inspects new construction, repair work, projects, equipment, work orders, daily maintenance and supplies for the purpose of ensuring that jobs are completed efficiently; specifications for major capital improvements are within local/state/federal regulations; and approving inspection reports and payment requests.
Oversee Fleet Management and vehicle acquisition efforts in support of the overall organization.
Vendor Relationship & Budget Management
· Act as primary point of contact for all primary facility-related vendors. Negotiating, managing and monitoring vendor contracts as requested.
Develop and manage the yearly OPEX and Capital budget for areas of responsibility. Obtain necessary approvals prior to significant non-recurring expenses or expenses outside budget.
Ensures facilities team and all vendors operate in compliance with OSHA regulations.
Works with Safety & Security Sr. Manager to ensure buildings and campus are kept safe and free from hazards for our team members, guests and animals.
Liaison with local fire department and administers all fire safety policies and procedures.
· Hold regular team meetings to align priorities for department members, communicate standards and expectations, offer training opportunities and provide general SDHS updates.
· Partner closely with other members of the Support Services team to provide coordinated services across the organization when needed, e.g. transportation of food or animal care supplies, moving staff members, or moving a program to a new building.
· Oversees all aspects of hiring, training, evaluating, developing, performance appraisals, issuing disciplinary actions, and terminating facilities team members per SDHS policies.
What we’re looking for:
· Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, or other related field and seven (7) years of professional related experience, or a combination of relevant experience and education required.
· Five (5) years of Supervisor experience required.
· Broad technical experience including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and construction required.
· Project and Facilities management experience required.
Must have a valid driver’s license and be approved by SDHS insurance carrier to drive a company or personal vehicle for work purposes.
Location: Based at our San Diego Campus.
Pay: Starting range is between $110,119 – $123,884 per year. The actual starting salary rate is determined by your related education and experience.
About San Diego Humane Society
San Diego Humane Society is hiring a full-time Director of Facilities for our Support Services & Facilities team! The Director of Facilities is responsible for overseeing all property, building & fleet maintenance activities and construction projects for the San Diego Humane Society. Starting range is between $110,119 - $123,884 per year.