The HR Assistant supports the HR Specialist in maintaining and coordinating the HR department to meet
department goals and objectives. Responsible for all tasks relating to processing a weekly payroll.
• Assist and maintain in the implementation and management of human resources policies and safety
• Maintain SMCs attendance control program by collecting and verifying timekeeping information for all
• Maintain payroll functions including data entry, processing, answering employee questions, fixing
processing errors, and distributing checks.
• Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status
changes, deductions, 401k, etc.
• Supervise and assist in the drug free workplace policy and process.
• Maintain training logs, make copies for HR employee files, enter training information in the company
Supervisor (R) drive, and file original training logs.
• Administer and maintain company employee benefits program, including but not limited to Blue Cross
Blue Shield of ND claims and premiums, 401k loan processing, and the COBRA insurance program.
• Manage correspondence related to job offers and employment verification requirements.
• Coordinate the recruiting process, to include job posting, tracking of applicants, scheduling pre-
employment activities and new hire orientation.
• Conduct new hire orientation and present HR Policies and Procedures, enroll employees in the 401k
plan, input information in designated software, create badges, create HR files, create a PCN and scan
necessary employee documents to payroll.
• Assist employees with Short-term Disability and Long-Term Disability paperwork and process.
• Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected
and filed appropriately.
• Accurately compile and update employee records.
• Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide
meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
• Provide information requested by management that protects employee privacy.
• Maintain proper supply of payroll checks & envelopes. Reorder as necessary.
• Other duties and projects assigned by the HR Specialist.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Knowledge of administrative and office procedures and systems such as word processing, managing
files and records and workplace terminology.
• Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel selection training, compensation and benefits,
labor relations, and personnel information systems.
• Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
• Knowledge of business management principles involved in human resources, production methods, and
coordination of people and resources.
• Knowledge of federal and local government employment laws and regulations.
• Use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or
approaches to problems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact,
professionalism, and diplomacy.
• Accurate data entry skills with great attention to detail.
• Exceptional mathematical and calculation skills.
• Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
• Basic computer knowledge required (i.e., email and word processing experience)
• The use of a PC workstation and an individual email account
• Working knowledge of common software applications (word processing, spreadsheet, database)
• Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and Visual software
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: Associate degree in HR or related business field.
Preferred: Two years of experience working in an HR office setting.
A blend of education and/or significant, relevant experience that gives related, current knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully navigate the position may be substituted for required education.
INTERNAL TRAINING REQUIRED
• All General Management Standard Procedures (AAA-XXX).
• All Quality Management System Procedures (QMS-XXX).
• All Safety Standard Procedures, (SAF-XXX).
• All Human Resources Standard Procedures (HR-XXX).
• Company software applications.
• Internal communication and reporting systems.
• Safety glasses and steel toed shoes are always required on the production floor.
• Completion of safety training and awareness programs specific to the company.
• Familiarity with emergency response procedures and evacuation plans.
• Proper use of ergonomic equipment (e.g., chairs, desks) to prevent strain injuries.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this position, employees may be exposed to the following
• Office setting with occasional exposure to production floor.
• Occasional visits to production areas with varying noise levels, temperature, humidity, and noise
• Compliance with company-wide environmental policies and procedures for maintaining a safe and
healthy workplace environment.
About Sioux Manufacturing
Sioux Manufacturing Corporation is a Native American owned business operating out of a 250,000 sq. ft. facility located on the Spirit Lake Nation in Fort Totten, North Dakota.
Sioux Manufacturing Corporation has nearly 50 years’ experience in providing quality products to the Department of Defense. Sioux Manufacturing has the production and testing capabilities, experience, and technical expertise to deliver competitively priced quality composite molded components manufactured to meet your specifications.
Sioux Manufacturing Corporation establishes and maintains customer satisfaction by meeting or exceeding customer requirements through continuous quality improvement, controlling costs and on-time delivery.