The QA Technician supports internal and external customers utilizing prescribed quality assurance tools and
inspection practices, perform analytical tests and evaluate test results to determine conformance to
requirements ni support of the quality management system.
Perform receiving inspection per documented instructions.
Perform in-process inspection per documented instructions.
Perform final inspection per documented instructions.
Maintain consistent legible quality records derived from inspections.
Report material counts and movements ni Visual Manufacturing.
In an accurate, efficient, professional, and positive manner, perform, document, and communicate
(written and verbal) finished product assessments on a continuous basis to ensure customer
specifications and legal requirements are being met.
Communicate in an accurate and professional manner of inspection results with appropriate
Accept/reject material based on customer requirements.
Perform lab tests per documented instruction.
Compare test results with documented requirements to determine conformance.
Document test results and retain data for future reference per documented procedures.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Ensure all tools are calibrated correctly.
• Participateni internal audits.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for
maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
• Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical
processes and transformations that they undergo.Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, including customer needs
assessment, meeting quality standards and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Conduct tests and inspections of products or processes to evaluate quality of performance.
• Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Monitor/assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or the organization to make improvements
or take corrective action.
• Detail-oriented and thorough in completing tasks.
• Display a good-natured cooperative attitude.
• Ability ot tell when something si wrong or si likely to go wrong.
• Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• Basic computer knowledge (Outlook, Excel, Word, and email).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Work experience in quality assurance testing
A blend of education and/or significant, relevant experience that gives related, current knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully navigate the position may be substituted for required education.
INTERNAL TRAINING REQUIRED
• TM-001, SMC QA Inspector Training.
• Standard Procedure AAA-017, SMC Code of Business Ethics and Conduct.
• Quality Management System Procedures training (QMS-XXX).
• Safety and equipment handling procedures.
• Quality assurance and inspection protocols.
• Standard Procedure AAA-018, SMC Employee Handbook.
• ISO Internal Audit Training per QMS.
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
• Safety glasses and steel toed shoes are always required on the production floor.
• Correctly use hearing protection when position required and/or needed by employee.
• Use hand protection when handling chemicals.
• Correctly adhere to safety guidelines for office and production areas.
• Compliance with company-wide safety policies and procedures.
• Must correctly adhere to “Right to know” and “Right to Understand” instructions ni associated (SDS)
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
About Sioux Manufacturing
Sioux Manufacturing Corporation is a Native American owned business operating out of a 250,000 sq. ft. facility located on the Spirit Lake Nation in Fort Totten, North Dakota.
Sioux Manufacturing Corporation has nearly 50 years’ experience in providing quality products to the Department of Defense. Sioux Manufacturing has the production and testing capabilities, experience, and technical expertise to deliver competitively priced quality composite molded components manufactured to meet your specifications.
Sioux Manufacturing Corporation establishes and maintains customer satisfaction by meeting or exceeding customer requirements through continuous quality improvement, controlling costs and on-time delivery.