Job Announcement – Operations Associate
We are an entrepreneurial nonprofit that believes California has the capacity to ensure that every student develops the knowledge, skills, and ability to make informed decisions about environmental issues facing our communities and our world. We work collaboratively to bring California schools, environmental education providers, teachers, parents, and students together to ensure a thriving planet for future generations.
We work with our partners to support a new generation of young people in understanding and caring for the planet. We foster efforts to infuse environmental themes into core subjects, and empower teachers to use the environment as a context for learning in core subject areas—science, social studies, English language arts, and more. We believe all California students deserve a high-quality education that promotes achievement, health, and wellbeing, and we have a unique opportunity currently to ensure that happens.
We are looking for an operations associate to provide vital support to the chief executive officer and manage a broad variety of back-end operations such as accounting, administration, human resources, and information technology.
Who You Are
You love learning new things, performing a lot of different duties, and solving a diverse range of challenging problems in a busy, ever-changing nonprofit. You have experience providing sophisticated administrative and operational support, while also contributing to projects that help drive priorities and strengthen team collaboration and morale. This job will appeal to go-getters who thrive on a good challenge, super-organized individuals, self-starters, process, variety seekers, and “people” people.
What You’ll Do
● Support the CEO, and Ten Strands’ team, partners, and consultants.
● Perform a broad variety of administrative and professional services to support our
operations and core program work.
● Troubleshooting problems and issues as they relate to daily operational activities.
Make recommendations for improvements to ensure overall goals are achieved.
● Manage information systems operations. Assist with maintaining the organization’s
social media accounts and website. Maintain Google Workspace administrator account, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console accounts. Maintain and optimize Google Drive and Dropbox file management structure and organization. Help manage Vimeo/YouTube videos. Provide basic level IT support to staff including working with G-Suite, Zoom, and more.
● Carry out scheduling and calendar management. Coordinate from planning to execution, internal and external meetings, events, registrations, and travel. Includes facilitation of all necessary communications, equipment, and supplies. Prepare materials for meetings including agenda and meeting packets. Record meeting minutes and ensure timely follow-up of next steps and action items. Support gathering annual report content and prepare schedules and summary for quarterly board packets. Draft, proof, and edit documents, reports, letters of support, and flyers. Manage and revise corporate documents as needed.
● Prepare spreadsheets to monitor budgets and track expenditures, reconcile accounts, and provide reports. Request, track, and verify W-9 and bill.com documents. Generate logs and complete forms for earned income. Track, verify, and code partner and vendor invoices/payments. Coordinate stipends.
● Help oversee contract management and budget allocation. Ensure contract agreements are signed, accessible, and tracked according to terms. Assist with many human resources processes, e.g., recruitment and onboarding employees, etc.
What you’ll offer
● 5+ years related experience. Executive assistant/operations associate experience in education, environmental, or public policy sectors a plus.
● Fluency in Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, WordPress, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Easily learns and utilizes new and unfamiliar software and technology.
● Technical proficiency and problem-solving skills related to IT support and troubleshooting.
● Evidence of strong verbal and written communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
● Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Aptitude for interpersonal rapport building and working collaboratively with others, including ability to collaborate in a positive, constructive, and succinct manner.
● Exceptional time management and planning skills and ability to self-manage and follow through to competently and reliably meet multiple, concurrent deadlines.
● Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions, make last-minute decisions or evaluate and develop methods and strategies for completing tasks and projects. Skilled in bringing forward well thought out ideas that make a powerful impact.
What we’ll offer
● Colleagues regularly engaged in conversations about race, class, power and privilege and dismantling systems of oppression as part of our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
● Compensation in the range of $55,000/yr. – $65,000/yr.
● 100% covered competitive medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability
insurance for full-time employees
● Generous paid time off and paid holidays
● 401(k) plan with discretionary contribution
● Learning and development opportunities
● This position can be based anywhere in California. Work is conducted in your home
office or an offsite location or our office in the Presidio, San Francisco
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to: Isabel Montilla, recruiter, at email@example.com.
Ten Strands is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. We seek to fill this position with someone who shares our values, including our organizational commitment to diversity. We encourage all interested individuals to apply — especially Black, Indigenous, and people of color; women; people from low-income backgrounds; people with disabilities; people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender or anyone belonging to any other federal or state protected category. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Isabel Montilla at firstname.lastname@example.org.